Therapy • Lashton

A/N: Hello! I asked an amazing friend of mine to make me some possible covers for this story, I said if it wasn't too much to ask, to give me a minimum of three. In return I received so many good ones. It was hard to decide on a cover. I'll be featuring all of them throughout the story because they deserve to be seen :3

Also quick note; most if not the whole story is written in italics, I think it just flows with the story line.

"Lucas, your mother hopes these sessions will help. She wants you to get better, you understand that right?" The man asked, pen poised and ready to jot down anything and everything about Luke's state of mind. The tall blond boy had been in the room for about two minutes tops, away from his mum maybe three.

The couch he sat on was uncomfortable, the way the man stared at him made him feel like he was about to be dissected under a microscope, and essentially he would be, if he wanted to. Luke looked up at the man in his clean pressed suit and black bound notebook in hand, indicating silently that yes he understood.

"Let's start with the basics, shall we? How are you feeling today?" He sounded fairly excited, although he never gave Luke a choice. Luke didn't want to participate, he'd shown up voluntarily to appease his mother, not to actually talk about his feelings.

He stared at the man for another seven seconds before he started picking at the loose string on his shirt sleeve. He didn't want to be here, the man surely wouldn't be happy with his lack of response. He wished his mother would have chosen someone else to pry at his brain, she should know better.

"That's okay Lucas, it's only the first day. We'll try again next time." His smile was easy, and Luke almost believed it. The man looked like the always happy type, the kind that smiles way too much and is cheerily supportive no matter what.

'You'll try,' Luke wanted to correct him. He really didn't feel like talking to this man, who wasn't going to help him at all, they'd sat here for five minutes now and this guy was writing down so much but Luke hadn't said a word yet.

"To hopefully make you more comfortable with me, I'm going to allow you to pick how long our sessions will be, I can do an hour and a half maximum." The man was saying happily writing down things that he was more than likely pulling out of his ass because Luke still hadn't done anything.

Luke stood up almost immediately, ready to leave because he'd been given the opinion and maybe he felt a little bit better about this therapy idea now. He still wasn't thrilled but the idea of maybe a five minute conversation with this guy over an hour long session consisting of rapid fire questions seemed great.

"Hold on Lucas, I have a condition." The smile on his face seemed strained, probably because Luke was so ready to leave the first chance he got.

"If you want short sessions, you'll have to see me more frequently. As apposed to hour long sessions weekly, it would be ten to fifteen minutes long daily and such, minus the weekends of course." The guy laughed like he'd made some kind of joke, Luke had nothing to do on weekends but he wouldn't tell the man that, as long as he wouldn't have to deal with his prying.

Luke did the math quickly in his head, ten minutes a day would be ten less minutes with the man if he chose to attend therapy once a week. He gave the man a single nod to show that he understood and left before the man could stop him.

Therapy was stupid.