Unapolgetically Selfless

(Unedited. )

Rolling over Evangeline cuddled a pillow to herself before putting her face in it releasing a deep breath. Taking in her surroundings she knew immediately she was in the Salvatore estate, Damon's room to be exact, and couldn't recall how she got there. Looking to her left, she smiled softly at the handsome devil who laid next to her looking like an angel.

The irony.

To her though, he was. Damon had saved her in a sense. Showed her there was more to life than the enteral damnation of following one brother around and hiding from the other. That she was her own person. One that deserved happiness like the rest. One that deserved to live her life how she saw fit.

Had things happened fast? Sure. But when lived as long as Evangeline had you learned not to take the little things and moments for granted. She knew how she felt for Damon Salvatore and she refused to waste anymore time shying away from love. She didn't want to wonder what could've been, she wanted to live it.

The memories of last night flowed in and she knew she was making the right decision......

9 hours ago

They were safe. Evangeline had gotta Caroline and Matt safely to the Lockwood cellar and made sure they were locked in before racing to the clearing. She had yet to hear from Damon, Alaric, or Stefan and had a bad feeling in her gut. Sure enough, she was too late. Staring down from an above cliff she was horrified.

Klaus still managed to sacrifice a werewolf, vampire and Elena. Cursing herself for not even thinking about her brothers plan B that she should've known he'd have. She watched Damon unstake Stefan before picking up Elena on the younger Salvatore's orders and leave. Her eyes snapped over to Bonnie who had Klaus withering in pain as Elijah approached. Her heart began to race as she knew what was bound to happen as she listened in.

"Elijah?" Klaus stated confused.
"Hello, brother."
He puts his arm on Klaus's chest as Evangeline moved closer while staying hidden in the shadows.

"In the name of our family, Nicklaus..."
"I didn't bury them at sea! Their bodies are safe. If you kill me, you'll never find them."

Her heart stopped.

They're safe? Tears welled up in Evangeline's eyes at the thought. The thought of being reunited with her family once again. Looking at her twin brother she. Could see the hesitation in his eyes.

"Elijah! Don't listen to him.." Stefan said sensing how his allegiance was swaying.
"I can take you to them." Klaus choked out still in entree pain. " I give you my word... Brother."

Evangeline knew immediately what decision Elijah was going to make and so did Bonnie.

"Do it or I'll take you both out." The witch spat with venom.
"You'll die." The eldest original reminded.
"I don't care."

Making her presence known Elijah's eyes found her and his shoulders relaxed a bit as he continued to hold allays upright.

"Eva..." the way Elijah said her name, she knew what he was asking.

Come with me.