Five Years of Growth

Five years. It seemed like months, but your little girl was four and eleven months. You were remembering all of the amazing times with her when she was very young.

Flashback First Steps~

It had been a year since you brought Jade home. She was crawling around the floors, playing with the foxes, being adorable. You and Clay laughed as she grabbed onto Aaron's hair, pulling it. You were recording it all on your camera, so you could embarrass her when she was older.

As you were about to put the camera away, Clay kept your hands on it.

"What?" you ask, looking at him.

He pointed to Jade as she turned to you and stood on her stubby legs. She took a shaky step, giggling as she took another. Aaron looked at you with happiness as you kneeled in front of Jade, arms outstretched. She turned to Clay, giggling as he laughed. He lifted her up as she was about to fall.

"Good job, Jade." He gave you the camera back, kissing the small girl's head. Her brown hair was getting longer, so you were going to cut it. Until Clay told you her hair would look nice long.

Then again, she seemed like a female version of her father. Of course he'd want the hair to grow out.

Flashback First Words~

You were laying with Clay, Jade sound asleep in your arms.  Well, at least until Clay fell asleep.  The young girl looked at you, smiling lightly.  You smiled back.

"Alright, Jade, can you say 'Daddy' for me?"

She giggled, touching Clay's hand.  At least she knew who her father was.

This lasted ten minutes until Clay woke up, yawning.  "What are you doing?"

"What do you think I'm doing?" you ask him.

Jade giggled.  "Dada."

"It looks like you're trying to get Jade to talk without me.  Wait, did she just say-"

"Dada!"

You smile, lifting her up in your arms.  "Finally!"  She giggled.

Present~

You look at your daughter now, seeing her laugh with everyone and talk almost as if she were older.  Then again, you wanted to teach her how to read, so she picked up a few phrases.  Her brown hair was now up to her mid-back and her blue eyes seemed to darken to a cobalt.

Clay smiled at you, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"She's the best daughter two parents could have."

You smile.  "She sure is.  My little Jade Lilly Moorington."