Harry Potter HTTTFL

Mulai dari awal

"And I am worried about these attacks that have been happening at the local villages as of late. They seem to be magical in nature. This is doing nothing to dispel the locals of their fear," Sal added after a moment. "Many of them are fleeing, but there is a chance that those remaining will try to retaliate." He shook his head. "I asked Siobhan to stop visiting. It's just too dangerous anymore, but I fear that she will do it regardless." Sal's face filled with worry as he fingered the silver and gold band on his left hand.

"Well, that may be true," Godric allowed very slowly. "However, we will not have to worry about that here." His hands trembled for an instant before he quickly hid them in his pockets. The man's eyes began to noticeably water.

"Yes, Hogwarts is safe." Sal's face softened and smoothed. He glanced around the room and smiled pleasantly. "It took us years to build this place, but I am so very glad that we did, even though it felt like centuries." He paused, something occurring to him. "You know, old friend--"

"Enough, Sal!" Godric interrupted.

He glanced around nervously before zeroing in on a particular object, what appeared to be an amulet of some kind. It was a small and shimmering blue with a bizarre metallic design overlaid. The artifact was situated on a shelf in a darkened corner and was concealed by a thick book, looking to all the world as if it had been purposely hidden there.

The man allowed a tiny smile to grace his face, even as he clenched his hands tensely. "Back to the topic at hand," he ordered, "the one we were speaking of before your little tirade about Muggles."

"Oh, yes." Sal ignored the interruption as though it were a common occurrence. "Rowena said that she left here after showing it to some of the seniors. She just wasn't sure where, although it is probably on one of the shelves." His gaze roamed around the room. "We really shouldn't leave this thing just lying around. It does have some powerful defensive spells... as you undoubtedly recall. A student might be severely hurt if they attempted to even touch it." His lips quirked for an instant, like he was silently laughing.

"True," added Godric distractedly, missing the jibe. He blinked, watery eyes shifting back to Sal, who was standing beside him, still searching. He tightened his hands again, and sweat started to form above his brow, plastering blond hair to his forehead. Something in him twitched anxiously, unhappily, but he fiercely shoved it away.

"At least, it was left in a classroom, not in the Great Hall. It would be a nightmare to look for it there." Another grin tugged the corners of Sal's mouth. "Perhaps we should find a permanent place for it. Or do you think one of us should keep it?" he asked, again turning to his companion.

"I suppose," the other man answered absentmindedly, not even really listening. His belly twisted in a very unpleasant manner.

Sal nodded. He remained silent as he turned back toward the room with a pensive look on his face, momentarily forgetting his search.

Godric's already trembling hands began to sweat as well. And he repeatedly clenched and unclenched his fingers. His gaze flicked from Sal to the amulet and back again, wondering why it was taking the bloody fool so damn long. The thing was right there!

"Hm... Helga would probably be the best for the job. She has a delicate touch that won't interfere with any of its magic," Sal murmured aloud after a few heartbeats. "Or possibly Rowena," he went on. "She is rather fond of blue." He snickered to himself and idly resumed his searching, still thinking over the problem.

His friend merely nodded his head and tried to stop the shaking in his hands. His stomach twisted once more, heart beating painfully in his chest.

"Ah!" Suddenly, Sal's eyes stopped. "There it is!"