Sad Movies - The Short Story

It had been weeks since my fiance began to act different with me. He gave me less attention those days and he seldom looked my way. In conversation he would never eye me and even though I knew within my own being that something was wrong, I pressed onward in search of reasons to somehow believe that we were fine and I was just being paranoid. Jim was never the type of person to be mushy and lovey-dovey, but despite that I knew there was some awkwardness hidden behind his distant behavior. At that time I was under a lot of pressure. Our wedding was to be held in three weeks time and there was still tons of planning and organizing to be done. Jim, of course always seemed to be "busy". Whenever I'd call him he'd sound irritated and frustrated. I began to feel unwanted and hated after a few days and I wasn't maintaining the trust I had once possessed for him. I had never felt that way before in all of my twenty-four years of living and it brought a gigantic worry to me.
I began to binge eat because of the stress and that added more misery to my plate since I rapidly gained weight and by the time it was one week counting to the wedding, my dress was cutting my circulation.
My main bridesmaid, the maid of honor - my sister Natalie came to a realization that I had not been doing so well and she then decided to take me out four days before the wedding. She took me to dinner and then to the cinema.
After nearly thirty minutes of debating which movie we would've watched, Natalie and I made our way to the third door on our left in obedience to the directions on our movie tickets. We took our places directly to the back of the cinema and chattered over sharing some pop-corn. The advertisements ended and the movie commenced. I felt my bladder begin to shake so I informed my sister that I was taking a restroom break. After releasing the tension, (in my bladder) I made my way back to our movie. I entered the room once more and just as I took a step up the fifth step on the staircase, I felt my foot kick something. As I looked down and made some slightly audible sound somewhere between a squeal and a whisper, I saw that my bright green converse shoes were splashed with brown, fizzy coke. Before I could look up at the owner I heard a familiar voice say "it's okay, it's okay." As soon as I had finished raising my head, I released an enormous scream that had a great potential of breaking glass. I could not believe what I was witnessing. It was my best friend Claire sitting with my fiance Jim. To make matters worse, his arm was around her neck!
Security guards soon appeared yelling as I was choking the life out of that traitor with all intentions to kill my own fiance immediately after.
All eyes were fixed on us and Natalie ran down the stairs shouting "hey! Calm down Katey!" Calm down ? I was about to execute! The night ended like this. She got to walk away with a cheater and he got to walk away with a whore- prefect match I must say.
Me? I got myself the truth and a bucket of pop-corn.

I learned a lot back then - be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.

Written by : Shaunette Alleyne