07

I needed to find Kai. I needed to know what he had done to me, I had a right to know. Ever since he made his appearance that night several weeks ago my life has been slowly getting more difficult, my thoughts more hazy. The hallucination last night didn't help any. It was like something was trying to surface within me, fighting to be free. But I didn't know what and he was the one that started this whole ordeal. He knew something, knew about what was going on with me, he was always several steps ahead of the game.

But I was clueless on how to find him. He was a ghost that only appeared when it was at his own convenience.

A sigh left my lips. Finding him would be harder than staying out of trouble for me.

Today was Sunday, I had the day off so the better part of it could be spent thinking of a plan to find the creature of the night.

Night...

The one in which he attacked me, the one where he drug me into an alley and pinned me against the cold brick wall. And finaly the one leading up to the moment where I found myself in an unknown place the next morning. Thoughts of Kai prowling through the city invaded my mind. His feral red eyes and sinister smirk playing in my head like a movie, the startling images embedding deeper into my memory.

I balled my fists and shook my head, ridding myself of the previous encounter I had with Kai.

To find a vampire I had to think like one.

A smirk found itself upon my lips as Kai leaned against the light post on the street corner. Tracking him down had been rather difficult and cost me several hours. But I was finally going to get some answers.

"Must we always meet like this?"

"It's not like I can just call you when I want you in my presence," I replied with a sarcastic twinge.

Kai scoffed. "What is it that you want exactly?"

All playfulness left me, replaced by a serious and almost threatening tone."I want to know what you did to me."

A maniacal laugh left his mouth, the sound reverberating off of the buildings lining the empty street. "What I did to you? You must be losing your mind. I didn't know someone could be this crazy for me."

I growled, frustration beginning to set in with his now cocky demeanor. "I'm not joking!"

Suddenly, I was slammed against the nearest wall, my eyes widening as the wind was knocked from my small frame. I hadn't even seen the man move and yet I was pinned by the shoulders, Kai's palms digging into my bones. It was almost like when I had awoken in the apartment and tried to escape. Except this time was different. I cringed, biting my lip to prevent myself from letting out a groan of pain from the crushing force. Kai was just in front of me, a malicious look in his eyes, one similar to the many that I had seen before.

"Humans are such foolish creatures, as are you. Always blaming things on someone else, always thinking they're not at fault. I find it petty, really, but it's rather amusing seeing people beat each other, even kill, because they wouldn't admit their mistakes. How pointless, how meaningless to live a life of ignorance."

The wide grin that spread over his face brought a sense of dread into my being. The look was pure evil, his eyes seeming to swirl into a never ending black oasis filled with malice. "You as well live in the ignorance that shrouds people of this world," Kai hissed into my ear.

"What are you talking about, you're not making any sense. This is not what I wanted to talk to you about," my voice was surprisingly steady and I stared at him with a blank look on my face, my composure on the outside much stronger than it appeared. Inside I was a jumbled mess of confusion and nervousness.

Kai glared at me and pushed me harder into the surface behind me. I sucked in a quick breath of air, the pain flooding my system.

"No sense? You are so dull, so unworth my time. I should have ended you when I first met you, would have saved me a lot of trouble."

My eyes widened at the words and I began to panic, my previous composure diminished. I refused to look into his eyes as I attempted to break free of his grip, searching for a way out as I twisted my body around. Kai squeezed his hands tighter around my shoulders, earning a small whimper as my panicked orbs shot back to stare into his, into the bottomless pits that were his eyes. Maybe I should take him by surprise and try to escape, seeing as there was no other way. Gaining my resolve, I leaned forward as far as I could before hanging my head and going back on my initial decision. No, what was running through my mind at the moment was a very, very bad idea. He would only catch me as soon as I broke free, if I could even manage that. I soon came to the conclusion that I could do nothing. I felt so miniscule, so weak and helpless against the monster that pinned me to the wall. My fists clenched together, my nails making small crescent moon marks embedded into the palm of my hands. I was trapped.

"K-Kai," came my fearful voice as I forced myself to look back up at him. The complete change in ny voice surprised even me, this was not a good idea. Seeking him out was not one of my brightest moments.

His right hand retreated from my shoulder slowly, leaving angry red marks across my skin where it once was. I cringed as the palm of his hand brushed across my neck and came up to rest just under my mandible. I stared up into the heartless pits of his eyes as his gaze seemed to sear my skin. He was almost captivating, so cold, so lifeless and without emotion. I was almost expecting him to wrench my head sideways and use me like the first night we met. My hands splayed out on the wall behind me at the thought, trying to find anything to anchor me so I didn't try to attack him and spell out the certain loss of my blood to this creature.

My chest rose up and down rapidly, panic clouding my judgement of the situation.

Kai's left hand also abandoned my opposite shoulder, moving down to rest over my heart. Adrenaline pumped viciously through my veins, my body shaking slightly as my conscience screamed at me to flee. My chest now heaved up and down, attempting to get oxygen into my lungs.

"Oh look, if you don't be careful, your heart is going to tear right out of your chest," Kai smirked. "You're so afraid of me." The expression melted off of his face before he slammed me back into the wall, making my head snap back. A groan left my lips as I stared at him through half lidded eyes, black and purple splotches began to appear in my vision as I leaned her head against the wall behind me.

"You're such a mindless thing, wandering around like the rest of them. They all think alike and talk alike, none are an individual, it's pathetic."

"I didn't try to find you to listen to a speech about life. I want to know why you're always invading my thoughts," I almost slurred. He must have slammed me into the wall harder than I first thought.

He glared down at me and took his hands off of me. "How should I know, it's your fucking mind."

I sighed and closed my eyes for a second. This was going nowhere productive. I opened them, about to speak again when I noticed that I was the only one here, no other life was placed along this street. Swiveling my head around, I let out a frustrated scream. He always disappeared at the most crucial moments. This whole thing turned out to be pointless.