"Gah! What the-" Garroth frantically tries to shove the crazy lunatic away, but surprisingly for a girl who spends her days painting her fingernails every morning, she has a death grip. And she's holding on real tight to her supposed "senpai."

New word- Senpai- used to describe someone you absolutely adore and idolize in Japan; used a lot when mentioning crazy fangirls who hug a guy she just met a few seconds ago.

Poor, poor Garroth.

Although Xandra looks calm for the most part, she smirks at me, cupping her hands to her mouth and mouthing to me "Ultimate fangirl right here." I suddenly burst out laughing, sitting down next to her and give her a hearty high-five. She giggles along with me. She can't laugh fully, or it'll hurt her chest.

I immediately mouth back, "Ultimate amazing person right here."

---------------------------------

Garroth POV (Yes, we're doing this, people! I'm so excited to do his POV finally!!!!! XD):

I managed to finally get out of the crazy girl's grip, with the help of the black-haired girl, when I hear Zane laugh.

Not the evil crackle that tells you that he's cooking something bad. Nor the low, deep chuckle that ends quicker than it starts. It's a full-out, loud laugh; genuine, gentle, and happy.

Happy.

Zane stopped being truly happy years ago. I remember the day of his last real smile- he was in the fields playing with Raven. They were flirting with each other, having not a single care in the world. And then, he went under- and never talked to anyone again.

Until he became High Priest of O'khasis, of course.

A sudden jolt of anger courses through my blood as images of him about to kill Aphmau, and him manipulating me to betray her and Laurance flash in my head. He hurt so many people, killed so much, and couldn't care less. He had personality issues, yes, but that was no excuse for what he'd done in the past. He deserves to die, even if he is my brother, my blood-kin.

Maybe if I had tried harder to make him realize that our father was a horrible person, then things could have been better. Then nobody had to die, nobody had to betray each other. No one would lose themselves...

But what's done is done. I must do what I'm supposed to do.

I shouldn't be here fooling around right now. I should be stopping Zane from... from...

From what?

I stare at Zane now, noting his sparkling blue eyes, his big smile when he ruffles up the girl's dirty brown hair to make it an even more tangled mess. The girl glares at him and swats his hand away, but her glowing green eyes show how happy she is around him. Something about her smile reminds me of... Raven. The only person who could open up Zane on the inside.

She died along with Eve. They both went missing at the same time. They were found a few days later, their bodies reeking of blood and death. Zane gave one look of disbelief at the bodies before running off, leaving behind his true self with his dead sister and close friend.

We still have no idea who killed them. Everyone thought it was a Shadow Knight, but had no real proof to back up the idea. Father was never the same again. I decided to avoid being a lord altogether and buried myself into the guard academy. That was the last straw. O'khasis became a village of fear and grief once more.

"Um... Garroth... sir..." I push away my thoughts and focus my attention on the girl laying on the bed, her skin almost as pale as Zane's. She seems so tired and yet still manages to stay awake. My brother gives her a worried look before continuing to stare right into my eyes. I never thought I would see that familiar icy blue color ever again after he suddenly changed in the Irene dimension.