Один

"Oh

"Oh. Um. In a constellation, the brightest star is called the alpha. I thought maybe you meant that she's...like...your brightest star."-Marissa Meyer

Althea was watching the snow falling from the window of their little wood cottage in one of the russian forests. She always found something peaceful in watching the snow falling down, like she was coming to wash the sin of humans away. There was something pure and calming about it and it was something that fascinated Althea from a really young age even if in Italia there was not that much snow compared to Russia. Her two best-friends were still sleeping upstairs, she could hear the snoring of Eros down here. A small smile was on her lips, they were all tired after their trip to the capital. They needed some grocery and because they were in the middle of a forest they needed to come out every two months. Althea liked the isolation that the forest gave, here they did not have to hide what they were, but, her best-friend Freya did not share the same love, sure she liked the forest and all this snow but she also wanted to explore the city more. She was more open, and fit easily in the city despite her foreign features. She was a little ball of sunshine, like a mate Eros likes to call her. They found each other at a really young age, they were part of the lucky one. They never knew what they really were, and are still learning with the books they can find in the library of Moscow. Freya and Eros understood quickly what they were to each other, and what it meant. Althea, sometimes, can feel the loneliness of being the only unmate of the three. She can feel the hurt of her inner animal when she watches the interaction between the two. She suddenly sees movement on her right. Freya stands there with her bed hair and a little bit of drool at the corner of her lips, Eros's tee-shirt all wrinkly from her sleep. They stared at each other for a little bit of a time before Freya broke the silence.

-why are you awake? You need some sleep Althea, murmured a sleepy Freya.

-I couldn't sleep, so I came downstairs to watch the snow.

-I remember when we were younger, you used to watch the snow falling all day, said Freya with a little smile.

-Yeah, it is the only thing that calms me down, Althea hesitated for a moment, you should go back to bed before Eros wakes up.

-You sure? asked Freya.

-yes, I am fine.

Althea watched her friend walk up the stairs, and enter her bedroom before sighing. She was far from fine. She woke up from one of her many nightmares. It was the same for some weeks now and she did not want to explain to Freya why she was scared to go back to bed. She knows what is going to happen if she goes. In the beginning she would be fine and she would not be in her bedroom anymore but in a baby's room in a house she did not know. She would stand next to a boy crib and would hear a voice and someone walking up the stairs. A woman would stand with a baby in her arms, whisper to the boy that she loved him in a motherly tone, then she'd put the baby in the crib and stand in front of him, ready to protect him? After that, an odd man, if you could call that a man, came in the room and raised his wand to the woman, they talked a bit before he killed her. It would always finish the same, the man tried to kill the baby, failed and then left. Althea would approach the crib, look the baby in the eyes and would say "don't worry little one, everything would be alright. You'd be fine."