Throughout the entire honeymoon, Pastor Trevor kept switching between his wives and having them believe he was truly faithful and loving to them. His honeymoon with Isla ended sooner than Isabel so he could get her situated in his house. When Isabel came back with him from his honeymoon, he had already explained to Isla about Isabel’s supposed situation and explained to Isabel about Isla’s situation. They both said hi to each other and never discussed their supposed situations to one another. It wasn’t until a year later, on their anniversary, that Pastor Trevor’s fantasy world began to turn sour.

            On the morning of their anniversary, he told Isla that he wanted to celebrate their anniversary right now because he didn’t want Isabel to be depressed when she sees them celebrating their one year anniversary. Sweet Isla had no problem with it and quickly got dressed. While she was getting dressed, he went to Isabel’s bedroom and left her a note saying he was going with Isla to pick out the perfect present for her.

He kissed her on her forehead and left her bedroom just in time to see Isla come out of her bedroom with a casual black and red floral dress. He whispered soft drizzles of compliments to his wife as they went inside the car to celebrate their one year anniversary. He knew how much she loved to dance so he took her to a place where dancing was many people’s sanctuary. When they came back from their celebration, it was already noon and Isabel still hadn’t woken up. They quietly went up the steps to try not to disturb her. He gave her one last kiss on her lips and told her that he had another surprise for her that he must get with Isabel. She didn’t see anything wrong with that as she closed her door to change out of her dress.

He went into Isabel’s room and woke her up with a gentle kiss on the lips. He told her to get dressed for their afternoon of fun and she got up to change into a beautiful red, silk gown. He whispered those  same drizzles of compliments to Isabel and told her, as they silently left the house, that Isla is sleeping and not to disturb her. He knew how much she loved the opera and decided to take her to a place where opera is appreciated.

When evening finally claimed the sky, they came back to find Isla placing the dinner on the dining table. Isla took her eyes off the dinner and laid her eyes on Isabel’s dress. She went up to Isabel to admire the dress some more and imagined it surrounding her skin with such beauty. As soon as Isabel went up the steps to change out of her dress, he told Isla that the dress was her gift. She kissed him on the cheek and continued to place food on the dinner table. When he went upstairs to change, Isabel came down and decided to continue helping Isla with the dinner.

“I know I shouldn’t bring this up but I just have to say… I think you are a really strong woman,” Isla said as she was placing the mash potatoes on the table.

“Thank you but why do you think I am strong?” Isabel asked while adjusting the table cloth.

“Because when Pastor Trevor told me that your husband died, I just—,” She had begun to say before she was interrupted by Isabel.

“Whoa, whoa, wait a second. What did Pastor Trevor tell you?” She asked a bit shocked at this news.

“He told me that your husband died. Is that not true?” Isla replied confused.

“That is definitely not true. I was never married before,” Isabel informed her. “I am married to Pastor Trevor.” Poor Isla. Her whole facial expression changed as this news flew through her ears without warning.

“No, No, No, that cannot be true because Pastor Trevor is my husband,” she said and Isabel had to hold the table to prevent herself from falling. That was the day they both realized that they have been married to the same man. Before they could say anything else, they heard Pastor Trevor climbing down the steps and they immediately continue to fix the dinner.

They all ate in silence and once in a while when Pastor Trevor said something, they would reply with a ‘Yes pastor’. After dinner, they all went to bed. Isla and Isabel couldn’t sleep at all. Every time they would shut their eyelids, they thought of Pastor Trevor sleeping with one of them. Isabel climbed out of her bed and went into Isla’s room.

“I couldn’t sleep at all.” Isabel began to say as she sat at the edge of Isla’s bed. “I kept on thinking about—“

“I know.” Isla whispered interrupting Isabel’s statement. “I have been thinking the same thing. How could we be such fools?”

"What are we going to do?” She asked, keeping her voice as low as possible.

“I don’t know, Isabel. Maybe we should confront him?” She replied unsure.

“And get killed!? I don’t think so.” She whispered loudly.

“Leave him?” Isla suggested.

“And get caught!?” She whispered back louder than before.

“Get caught doing what?” A deep voice asked from behind the two women who instantly became frozen at the harsh male sound. They looked at each other, their fear in the reflection of the other one’s eye.

“Get caught trying to borrow your bible. We were thinking about praying together. Isn’t that right, Isla?” Isabel answered cleverly.

“Most definitely.” Isla replied shakily

“Ladies,” He said while locking the door shut, “do you really take me as a fool?” And as he said those words, he pulled out a silver gun and pointed it at them. “I heard every single word you two said and I just had to hold my laugh when you guys were discussing on how to escape.” He then began to chuckle very loudly. Suddenly, he returned to his deadly facial expression once again.  “As if the two of you could even escape me.”

He pulled the trigger on Isabel first and she immediately went down with a groan, clutching the source of the pain. Isla instantly charged at him, fighting to get the gun. Shots were fired like the explosion of fireworks as they continued to get the gun fully in their possession. Both of their hands held the gun towards the ceiling. But then their hands filled the space between them as another shot was fired. One of them fell to the ground next to Isabel’s body. Only one of them gained victory while the other held defeat in their eyes that were wide open.

Three weeks after the fight, a funeral was being held at Singleworth Cemetery. There were many people that attended to the funeral to speak their last words to their dead loved one. The Pastor was trying to hold back tears of pure sadness as he spoke about how good his friend was and how beautiful his friend was inside and out. This was something that Pastor Trevor would’ve attended to speak in…If he were alive. Sitting in the front row seats were two tearless women. One was perfectly fine while the other had a sling on her arm from getting shot. Isla and Isabel would’ve cried, if they believed he deserved a single tear. All they did was pray that he wasn’t rotting in hell for the sins he has committed during his time here on earth. They shed no tears but continued to show respect for the deceased. Their heads were held high to the sky as they said their goodbye and left the funeral together and single. They were no longer bound by obedience nor were they ever force to utter ‘Yes pastor’ again.

Two wives, one funeral, no tears

                    ~Desrio