Romeo and Juliet

"Hey Audrey! Wait up!" Luke shouted. I had started to walk off when he called my name. I didn't trust myself to actually look at him without fainting so I just carried on walking. Rude? Yeah. But I wanted to live  a happy life without dying every few minutes when Luke was near me. I took a deep breath and turned around. Plastering a big grin on my face. "Hey Luke! How are you? I'm sure I haven't seen you in the school before!" I said. Maybe a bit too fast. He smiled as caught up with me. "Fine." He paused "Except for what just happened. Do you know Melanie well?" He asked. I nearly snorted like a pig but held it back and instead scoffed. "If you mean by getting bullied by her everyday. Called a slut-don't ask why. Having a bowl of lunch dropped on my head and tripped up... Then yeah I know her well!" I said with fake cheerfulness. He frowned and I'm sure I saw his fists clench. "What's your timetable for today?" I asked, trying to change the subject.
"Um... I have Maths double period, um morning break then Literacy-again double period. Lunch break and then ICT to Phys Ed." he said. "Oh cool! So we have Literacy and Phys Ed with each other!" I beamed. He put up hand in a 'high five' motion and I obliged. My fingers tingled when we touched and I blushed. "Soo, I'll see you later?" He said running his hand through his blonde hair. He had very gentle hints of brown running through his hair which I thought was cute. I nodded and waved and we parted ways.
~Line break to Literacy~
I couldn't wait for the lessons I had with Luke. I nearly skipped down the hall on the way to Literacy but (with much difficulty) I held it in. As I walked in the class, Luke looked up and smiled at me. I cautiously took a few steps towards him and put my bag down. Then something hard and big knocked me to the ground. "Outta my way slut! Is there ever a day where you aren't your clumsy, stupid, idiotic self?!"A voice yelled. I blinked back tears and got up. I think you can guess who that was. It had never occurred to me that I might have to share Literacy with Melanie of all people! She smirked as I picked up my spilt things from the ground. She 'accidentally' kicked my phone with her $1000.00, hot pink Prada heels. Ew pink. To think that she touched my stuff with something pink! However, her smile vanished and was replaced with a glare when Luke got off his chair to help me. He picked up my phone the same time I went for it and our hands momentarily touched. Inwardly I screamed. Outwardly I blushed and pulled down my beanie. Getting up, I mumbled something about moving seats when I saw that Melanie had already poured her whole locker onto the seat next to Luke. It was cluttered with mascara and eyeliner and lipsticks of all shapes and sizes. Luke turned towards me and smiled apologetically. Then he pointed secretly at Melanie and rolled his eyes. I stifled a laugh and sat at the back of the class. As in right at the back as far away from Melanie and as far away from... Luke. Urgh I really don't like Melanie. "Alright class settle down!" Ms Ledesma said. I loved Ms Ledesma. She was my favourite teacher, almost like a second mother. " Today we will be learning about William Shakespeare!" This earned some groans and boos but she carried on. " Somebody please tell us a fact about Shakespeare!" My hand shot up and Ms Ledesma grinned and pointed at me. " He had to marry when he was 18 and his fiancé was 24. Also he was never really the oldest because he had two older siblings before him but they died in the plague. He wrote sonnets and poems and plays and loads of other stuff" I said, breathless.
I heard Melanie scoff. "Nerd." She whisper shouted buying me some smirks and paper balls thrown at me. "Miss can I say something? That voice was easily recognisable. "Shakespeare
had a baby girl called Suzanne or Suzana. He had two twins: Hamnet and Judith. He wrote Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer nights dream e.t.c" Luke sarcastically smiled at Melanie. "So? Am I a nerd now? Because I wouldn't really mind it. If behind rich means being like you then..." He left the sentence hanging in mid air and shrugged. " Okay so coming back to what Mr Cline said, Romeo and Juliet is on our academic list. We will be having partners act out Romeo and Juliet. But just the balcony scene mind you!" She chuckled. Melanie screamed. "Oh miss! Why don't I pick out the partners?" Without waiting for an answer, she stood up and started to analyse the class. "Okay so I'll be with Luke and I'll have you with you and you with that weirdo over there and you with you and oh yeah you" she pointed up at me and I jumped. Uh oh. " with you!" She pointed at the most nerdiest kid in my Literacy class. Bartholomew Hampton. I knew he had a crush on Melanie but Melanie literally puked every time she saw him. Poor guy. But I wasn't really a fan eitherNow I had to do a kissing scene with him?! I groaned. "Now that's enough Melanie!" Ms Ledesma shouted. Melanie flipped her hair and sat back down, trailing a finger down Luke's arm and looking at him flirtatiously. I think I just threw up a bit. Yep I did. "Remember your numbers!" Ms Ledesma started to walk up to students and give them a number. Once she hit 15 on Luke, she started again. Until she landed on me, giving me 15 as well. "Okay so now I want the first 15 people who got their numbers to walk to the person who has the same number as you. The front half of the class walked towards the back. Luke headed towards me and sat down. "These will be your Romeo and Juliet partners!" She said as she handed out scripts. I heard a shriek. I looked around and nearly died laughing. Melanie had gotten Bartholomew as her partner. Somebody tap my arm and I turned around to face Luke. He winked at me and I nearly had a heart attack. "Do you wanna come over sometime? To-ya know- practise?" he asked. This is to much.

I. Was. Partners. With. Luke. Cline!! Oh my god this is... Amazing! No wait! It's terrifying! What am I gonna do?! Oh no! If only Bethany was here!