3. Back to Back

I do not own K or its characters. This is merely fan-made. These events take place after K- Missing Kings. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes. Enjoy part 3! 😊
                              -Seraphim121

                                     _____________________________________________________

Fushimi POV:

Fushimi was running by the time he heard explosions coming from the deeper parts into the alley.  He also noticed that the alley was getting wider and clicked his tongue.

Up ahead he could see that a fight was going on and his eyes narrowed at the scene. Misaki is surrounded and he's desperately fighting off 10 or more JUNGLE clansmen on his own.

What? Awashima said there were only three. Tsk!

Fushimi focused his attention on the Crow. The vanguard had a cut on his cheek and deep cuts on his arms. Anger flared through Fushimi's chest. Misaki's white long sleeve shirt was stained with blood and Fushimi didn't want to know if it was his blood or the Greens. He watched as he ran closer to the battle. Four greens tried to attack the lone Red, but quickly jumped back as red flames were shot out towards them.

How long was Misaki going to last

He yelled out as one Green snuck up behind the vanguard's back, lunging at him with a knife in hand.

The Blue drew his saber from his hips, running towards the Crow.
"Fushimi, ready for battle."

Yata POV:

He was exhausted, sweat trailing down his forehead and his arms stung from the cuts he received. Somewhere into the fight he had lost his bat and let out a frustrated growl. They weren't that strong but their numbers had a huge impact. No matter how many times he's tried to lower their numbers they kept coming back, dammit!

A familiar voice grabbed his attention and he whipped around. Just noticing a Green that had snuck up on him in his blind spot, knife in hand. He brought his hands up to shield himself, eyes squinting, bracing himself for the pain.

Crap!

A flash of blue filled his vision and the sound of metal clashing filled the air.

Yata looked up, eyes wide, bewildered.

"Saru...hiko?"

His ex- best friend stood in front of him. Relief and confusion flooded through him. "Wh....What are you doing here?" He managed to croak out, lowering his hands to his sides.

"Don't even know how to watch your own back. Still the same idiot aren't you Mi~sa~ki?" Saruhiko pushed the Green back with his saber, and kicked him square in the chest, sending the man tumbling backwards into another Green.

The remark brought Yata out of his shock. "I didn't ask for your help."

"Hmm, but your sure looked like you needed it Mi~sa~ki."

"Shut up damn Monkey!"

All the JUNGLE clansmen backed up. "Sh*t! Now there's a Blue!"

"Who cares! Lets take both of them." 

"The points on their heads combine is almost to a Kings and we'll go up to U rank or even J!"

A wave of excitement flowed through the Greens and surrounded them again. 

Yata glowered at them and looked up at Saru, "I'll kick your ass later but for now I've got some bugs to take care of."

Saruhiko smirked as he looked at him. "I'll be waiting for that then."

The vanguard grinned and turn around so that they were back to back, red and blue aura flaring around them. The scene was so nostalgic. Just like the old days when Saru was still there next to him....

The vanguard dismissed the thought, although it had been years since the Monkey had left him, but it still hurts. And besides now was not the time to think about the past. He focused as the Greens charged towards them, releasing his aura through a kick and attacking the nearest man, while trying to stay close to Saruhiko as he fight. 

They were in perfect sync. Yata in the offence using his flames and attacking (along with taunting and cursing), Saruhiko on the defense using his saber and hidden daggers to drive them back. He noticed that when an enemy was hit with an aura infused dagger they were more hesitant in attacking again. 

Saru has gotten a lot stronger.

Yata was slowing down and he knew they had to finish things swiftly. After knocking out his opponent he quickly glanced around the alley and a certain green helmet caught his eye. A JUNGLE clansman was a few feet away holding a....gun? He was aiming it at Saruhiko.

The Crow's vision narrowed at the trigger and without looking he grabbed the Monkey's shoulder yanking him backwards, not hearing Saru's startled yelp.

Time seemed to slow down as the Green pulled the trigger.

Pain spread through Yata's neck.

                                        ____________________________________________

Authors Note:

Sorry for the cliffhanger. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! The I am working on part 4 right now and will upload soon.
                               - Seraphim121