Chapter XIX - All Your Little Things

Start from the beginning

Days have passed quickly and it was now Halloween night.  Which landed on a Thursday.  After an early dinner, Ava Belle began getting dressed.  Zayn came over to do her hair to match Princess Belle’s.   Harry and I decided it was best that he not come with Ava Belle and me as I walked her around our neighborhood to trick or treat.  He had an appearance tonight anyway, so it was fine.  Ava also understood.  She has become more understanding of Harry being unable to be somewhere and accepts it now without a fuss. 

Once Ava was finished getting ready she walked into the kitchen where I was waiting.  She curtseyed and said “How do I look Daddy?”

“You are the most beautiful princess ever, Ladybug” I responded and pulled her in for a hug.

“Now, let’s get a couple of pictures and then we can go.”I say and she nods in agreement.

I snap a few with my camera and then I tell her that I am gonna take one more with my phone so I can send it to Harry.  She smiles and nods excitedly and gives her best pose.  I snap the picture and immediately send it with the caption ‘Little Princess.’  I set my phone on the kitchen counter and Ava and I head out into the night, hand in hand.

We return from trick or treating just over an hour later.  She has been commenting the entire walk back home on how much candy she got.  When we get back into the house I reach out my hand signaling for her to give me her Halloween basket and she does, knowing that she isn’t allowed to eat sweets this late.  I tell her to go get ready for bed.  She pouts a bit but I just raise an eyebrow at her and she knows I mean business.  She smiles and makes her way up the stairs.

My phone, which I left on the counter, is blinking, indicating that I have missed either a call or text.  I see that it was a reply from Harry regarding the picture.

To: Niall

Beautiful and it’s now my home screen on my phone!  I hope you have fun.  Love you!

I turn off the lights and make my way into Ava’s room to tuck her in.  I kiss her goodnight and make my way to my room and get ready for bed. 

To: Harry

 Dinner tomorrow night?  I’ll cook.  It can just be the three of us.

A few minutes after I sent the message my phone buzzes, but it’s not a reply message.  It’s Harry calling me.

“Hey, baby.” I answer.

“Hello, love” he replies.

“Miss my voice, did ya?” I joke.

“I always miss everything about you when you are not near me.  But that’s not why I called.”