That Loveable Wackadoodle

The minutes had never gone by slower than this. 6:57pm. Seemingly an hour later. 6:58pm. Sheldon rapidly tapped his feet on the floor and pulled out his laptop. He sat on the breakfast bar and opened the lid. Good, the stuff he was looking at earlier had not gone. 2 minutes until Amy Farrah Fowler would arrive at his apartment. If only he could have more time...then knocking.

 "Uh...just give me a second!" Sheldon called through the door, leaving his laptop on and the lid still up. He opened the door and was greeted by his girlfriend, Amy smiling.

 "Happy date night." she said, biting the grin away from her lips. Sheldon nodded. Before, Amy looked insanely beautiful; tonight she looked like an average woman. Odd. He felt obligated to kiss her so he did, making it a short, somewhat meaningless peck.

 "Oh uh sorry, yes, do come in." Sheldon stuttered, leading Amy to the stool on the opposite side of the table to him. Sheldon leaned over to peek at his laptop screen and discreetly gazed over to Amy who was pouring wine into her glass. He then served her a plateful of a meal Leonard had prepared but Sheldon took the credit for.

 "Aren't you going to eat too Sheldon?" Amy asked, frowning at him.

 "Ah, you said it." he muttered, returning to his laptop, plateless.

 "N-no, Sheldon, I asked whether you were eating tonight?" Amy repeated, baffled by his distracted behaviour.

 "Perhaps. Perhaps not." Sheldon replied, still not looking Amy in the eye.

 "Are you ill?" Amy conjured, grabbing her boyfriends hand from across the table and squeezing it gently. Normally Sheldon would be nonchalant around Amy's constant cloying but he didn't enjoy her soft touch anymore. Twitching slightly, he reassured Amy.

 "Oh contraire, I feel fine. I just don't want to eat tonight." Sheldon answered, making eye contact with her for a split second, then looking away due to discomfort.  

  "Well okay. But Sheldon remember: I'm your girlfriend and you can tell me anything." Amy soothed, giving his hand a quick rub and starting her meal. 20 minutes later and Amy had finished her meal.

 "Sheldon, that was lovely, thank you." Amy said, shouting a little to get his attention.

 "Mm-hm. Thank you too. You're welcome." Sheldon mumbled. Amy sighed.

 "Sheldon, what are you looking at on that stupid laptop that is more important than date night?" Sheldon slowly lifted his eyes to Amy's squinting eyes.

 "That's classified. Unimportant is more of a better adjective." he said, almost whispering. He peered down at his screen again and his eyes widened. His mouth went dry and he swallowed deeply.

 "Sheldon Lee Cooper, can you tell me what the heck is going on?!" Amy yelled, standing up from her stool and slamming her hands down onto the table. She strolled round to see what he was looking at. Sheldon slammed the lid down on his laptop and shot Amy a look of fear almost.

 "Open the lid, Sheldon." Amy demanded. Sheldon stared at her nervously. He could almost feel the sweat being pushed forcefully out of his weak pores.

 "No. You can't see what's on this laptop." he fired back.

 "That's it!" Amy shouted nearly, her face red with frustration.

 "We'll talk about this tomorrow.". She picked up her bag and left 4A, slamming the door behind her. Three steps down, Amy walked back up the stairs.

 "Woah, woah, woah, what's all the screaming for?" a familiar voice said to her right. Amy looked over to see Penny stood in her doorway, wearing a long, oversized blue and black plaid shirt.

 "Sheldon." Amy said, breathing deeply.

 "Sorry for disturbing you." Penny stepped out of her apartment and rubbed Amy on the arm comfortingly.

 "Tell me all that lovable wackadoodle has done this time." Penny said, leading Amy into 4B and closing the door behind her.