Of whisky&barrels

"Na-na-na la-la,laa"
Music blared thru my headphones as I wrote the last on my essay and hummed along.
I was slowly trying to forget about the pain. The look on her face when I confessed my love.
It felt like she put a barrel to my heart and pulled the trigger when those hateful words left her beautiful lips.

The rumors slowly flow, thru the school ground, leaving it as a battlefield for me to fend for my sanity.

I one day found myself with my face down in the dirt, hateful pictures spreed around me while the comments arose higher and higher until they where just a blur of hate and anger.

My life felt like a whisky lullaby where you just stood and stared, trying to breath.
I put the bottle to my lips and drank, trying to drink the pain away.
But sadly it still dwell, deep down it hurt, like a burning from the end of an cigarette.

Oh how I still tried to drink the pain away, clinging to my note about you my love while my heart sung a whisky lullaby.
I tried to hide the sorrow in my eyes as I stumbled on.

But it was like you pulled the trigger.
Every shot was a new lie forming from your hateful words.
The nee to everyday was a battlefield of the school ground, it was like walking on a tight rope stretch between two high buldings. Yeah sure I fell a few times, lets say I'm not the best line dancer out there but at least I know how to be the lion tamer.

My anger rose with every blow. Every word left a hole in me as the pain slowly slipped away.
My heart slowly sung my own lullaby with the mix of my cigarettes and whisky.
The cold midnight air shield me as I felt my strength fade as I tried to stand on my feet.
As I put the bottle to my lips, I drank the last whisky as I felt the cold of your barrel press against my skin as I whispered, my love.
You pulled the trigger.