epilogue

5 years later

luke begins to change his daughter, bella's diaper. she's 2 now, and she's a trouble maker. as luke begins to put on a clean diaper, he knocks over the baby powder. typical luke. he bends down to pick it up, not before he knocks down a book that was sitting carefully on a shelf.

luke slowly picks it up and begins to get up. he opens the first page and reads "indigo,

indigo, my sweet sweet indigo, what have i done?"

luke lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. he whispers the words quietly to himself. he hears a wail from bella. he sighs before setting down the book, he returns to bella, picking her up bringing her to vanessa. luke kisses vanessa's lips before walking up the stairs to the book.

he skims through the pages and holds a hand to his mouth. he lets a few tears fall. he slowly walks back to the shelf, from behind it he pulls out a box marked 'lrh+ijm' he takes out each letter one by one. he reads through them carefully. soon enough he's on the floor crying silently.

it's been 5 years, but luke never once lost his feelings for indigo. he walked downstairs to vanessa and bella, with the box and book in his hands. vanessa looks at him knowingly. he sighs and lets tears fall from his ocean blue eyes. luke, vanessa and bella walked to the car.

they got in and drove for about 3 hours. once they got to their destination, luke sprinted out of the car while vanessa trailed behind with bella bouncing in her arms. luke sat down at her grave 'here lies indigo jane mila' he sighed before digging a little hole beside her tombstone.

he placed the book and box inside the hole and covered it up. he placed his hands to his lips. he planted a kiss on his fingers and proceeded to place them on the tombstone. he whispered "i love you indigo, always" he got up and walked hand in hand with vanessa before mouthing to the grave,

"i've returned, so did our memories."

THE END