Chapter 14

*Beep

*Beep

"Urrgh. My head hurts."Yuki complained and touched her forehead. She slowly opens her eyes.

"Ahh, so bright." she complained again and blocked the light with her hand. Suddenly, someone grabs hold of her hand. She was startled and closed her eyes right away.

"Is it Ryuu? It must be him! It has to be!" she thought to herself. She slowly opens her eyes again.

"Yuki?" Shin asked worriedly.

"Shin?"she asked.

"Ohh, it's just Shin. I thought it was Ryuu.Ahh! Why am I so disappointed?!" she thought and argued with herself.

"Where am I?"she confusedly asked.

"You don't remember?"Shin asked, slightly puzzled.

"No."she squinted.

"Ahh, you collapsed right after you got out of the pit. Ryuu was asking you what was on your head and then you suddenly collapsed. I heard this from those guys who carried you." Shin explained.

"Ohh Ryuu? How is he?"she quickly asked.

"Why are you so worried about him?"he asked, quiet annoyed.

"Well, it's just that he was more injured than I was."she looked away. Shin sighed to himself.

"Are you feeling alright now?" Shin asked again, caressing her cheek.

"I'm fine. My head just hurts."she replied and looked up the ceiling.

"That's great. I already informed the teacher. He just went to grab the doctor." He said and gave a little peck on the back of her hand. He cupped it and brought it to his cheek. Yuki wondered what he was doing and just realized it.

"S-shin! What are you doing?!" she pulled her hand away. Shin just gave a wry smile and then the doctor came. After an hour of last minute check-ups, they discharged her.

"You heard what the doctor said, you have to be cautious with your head and your arm from now on until you get better." her teacher tells her.

"Yes, sensei."she nodded and smiled.

"You can come to school when you want to, you'll be excused."he said.

"Okay, thanks sensei." she smiled.

"Okay, Shin you can take care of her from here. Go home you two."he tells them and waves goodbye.

They both head back home. Shin was giving Yuki a hand in walking.

"You."Shin broke off the silence.

"What?"she turned to him.

"You looked... kinda of disappointed... awhile ago."he hesitatedly replied.

"What do you mean?"she looked out on the road.

"I mean like when you saw me, you looked rather disappointed. It felt like you were expecting someone else." he sighed and looked far.

"I bet you were expecting to see that guy. That guy, Ryuu." he looked at Yuki.

"Why would I be expecting that guy?"she asked, slowly irritated.