Jerk's Like You

Jerk's Like You
By: gleek1596

989 Votes
12,268 Reads
[PG-13] Parents Strongly Cautioned

Summary:

His eyes a sweet green as they stare into mine hungrily. I had never felt before like I feel now. My legs turning into uncontainable jelly as I stutter and splutter to try and form words. Anything. Hope fills me as I think, for the first time in ages, that I may mean something more to him.
He takes a step closer, his cologne wavering across to me, kissing my senses into delight. His soft eyes look straight into mine and for once, I feel safe. I feel as if nothing can touch me. And I want to fall in to the pit he has dug, but I can't. I can't let myself fall that far down. I won't allow myself to get lost in a fantasy when I know i'll only be slapped back to the hurt of reality.

So I run.

***

Jade has always been reserved and quiet, keeping low and alone to avoid getting hurt. She builds walls around her, stopping her heart from being shot at. With only one friend, it's a struggle for her in high school.
And then, she meets Riley. The annoying jerk that is the quarterback. Most popular guy in school and hottest, Riley believes he can get anything he wants. But she's his first challenge.

After trying to win her heart, Riley starts to catch feelings. Dangerous feelings that make him want to do all sorts to get her. She turns from a want to a need, and in his books, that's bad.
But can he really leave his feelings behind? Can Jade let him close enough to feel for him and be vulnerable for him? Can they ever work? The quiet girl and the popular boy. A typically untypical romance like no other. Riley and Jade. Perfect or imperfect. But still together.

---------------------------------------------
[Not Complete]
---------------------------------------------

My Opinion:

I really liked this story from the beginning I find them an adorable couple and I love how, as the book progresses, they get more and more comfortable with each other and learn to trust and depend on the other. Definitely a sweet romance story that should be read.