The dark haired boys behind him must be the royal fools, I thought with amusement. All three in my opinion are royal buffoons but I kept that to myself. They were already here looking for trouble.

     "Hey," West began, cocking his head at me as Shane and Riley took turns tossing my books at each other from behind him. "Aren't you a lesbian too?"

     And here we go, I thought dryly, the real reason they're here.

     "You have a thing for Courtney, right?" he continued when I didn't reply. "Can't blame you, she's a piece of hot ass."

     I glared at him. Piece of hot ass? Courtney is a beautiful goddess not a "piece of hot ass" as he crudely put it. I wonder if they talk about her around Jake like this. Jake is an ass but he didn't look like the type to have his girl talked about like this. I've watched them long enough to conclude that he worshiped the ground Courtney walks on.

     "Hey?" West said, "why aren't you saying anything? Cat got your tongue?" He laughed at his own joke, looking back at Shane and Riley who laughed with him.

     Bunch of idiots, I thought darkly.

     West stopped laughing, eyes narrowing down at me. I shivered at the intensity of his glare but continued to defiantly glare back at him. I wont let him see that he intimidated me. I'm ashamed that I am a bit intimidated but what girl wouldn't be? A girl alone in a field with three guys twice her size? Three guys that radiated malice.

     "Hey, come here." West grabbed my upper arm roughly and forced me on my feet. "Let us get a better look at ya, huh?" He brushed my hair back and I flinched.

     "Well, well, well," Shane said, tossing my book on the grass before circling me. "You always have that damn hood on so no one could really get a good look at your face but damn...who knew that you'd turn out to be so cute?"

     "A cute lesbian," Riley chuckled.

     I glared at him. What the hell was up with him and saying lesbian every few minutes? Was he one of those who gets his jollies in seeing two girls making out?

     "I wonder what else you have hiding under that hood," West smiled, white teeth showing. "Why don't we have a look, boys?"

     When he reached out to unzip my black sweater my hand shot out to slap his hand away but Shane grabbed my wrist in midair, stopping me. I glanced back at him and found him grinning. He shook his head. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

     For a moment, anger won over my fear and my other hand shot out to slap the stupid grin off Shane's face but Riley grabbed my other wrist and shook his head at me. Heart pounding, I struggled to get my wrists free from their hold but their hands only held on tighter. I winced but refused to cry out when their nails started digging against my flesh.

     "Let her go," West told them. "Let me handle this."

     They released me and I swirled away from them, backing up until I was completely under the willow tree and bumped against it. Trapped like a rabbit, I thought as the three boys took their time walking towards me.

     My eyes darted down at my book bag and I quickly bent down and grabbed it. When I straightned I took a fighting stance, ready to whack the first boy who makes an attempt to grab me.

     "Ooooh," Shane laughed, "what are you going to do with that? Whack us with it?"

     I smiled mockingly at him and said "I was thinking of whacking your brains out with it but then you probably don't have much in that head of yours to begin with."