Chapter Fifteen- Mason

I stood there in shock. Not knowing what to say because I had no clue on what other vampires do. But Mason was defiantly different, he wasn't a monster. I felt bad, I mean it's who he is, he had no choice whether to be a vampire or not. He couldn't help being who he is right?

I touch his cheek softly.

"Don't say that" I whispered

"But it's true" he demanded.

I shook my head in anger. He was not a monster. He will never be one.

"No you're not!" I shouted a little .

He pulled me to one side where no body was. He got his fangs out and his eyes slowly turned a deep red. I wasn't going to lie, I was scared. I was scared of my own boyfriend? No. Not this time.

"Look at me!" He shouted.

I turned my head the other way avoiding eye contact. I didn't want to look at him, not when he's doing this on purpose. His fingers tightly gripped the bottom of my jaw line and forced my head to look at him, he gripped still tighter than ever on my jaw.

"You're hurting me" I struggled to speak.

"I'm a monster Darcy! Do you know what I used to do? What I used to do to innocent people?!" He shouted at me again but letting go of my jaw. The normal, caring Mason was still in there, he'd never want to hurt me.

I shook my head, afraid of the answer.

"I-" he began.

That was enough. I didn't need to know!

"Stop! Why are acting like this Mason? Because if you're trying to scared, keep going, you're doing a great job in making me petrified!" I shouted while shaking my head.

He stopped and walked away. Great, I can't be dealing with another issue. I walked the other way to class what I was very late too. I had no idea where Mason was going because we had French together. I walked into class and sat in the nearest seat. Mr Saltsman just smiled at me so I smiled back. During the lesson he came over and asked if I was okay and stuff. I told him that I was fine. I hated lying. But the truth was I wasn't okay. I never will be. This is too much for me. Throughout the whole lesson I had thoughts running through my head: "why me?" "After all I've been though this is what I get?""Is this what I deserve?". My mind went blank for a while. I suddenly stopped everything what I was doing.

"Everything happens for a reason". It was like my mum was saying it to me like she would if something bad happened when I was younger. Followed by my dad "bad things happen to good people, but in the end you'll always get what you deserve no matter what princess". This brought a smile to my face. It was like there was guiding me, telling me to go with it and it doesn't matter if you choose wrong because it will always turn right. Always.

Mason PVO:

I walked fast out of the campus into the streets. I had no idea where I was going but I need to get out of here. I needed to feed. I ran into the nearest forest whilst kicking trash cans over with the anger running through me. Darcy didn't deserve me. She didn't deserve the pain I was going to put her through. But it's too late. I love her and now she's mine. That's what you get when you fall for a vampire, but little did she know. I couldn't tell her, she wouldn't want anything to do with me anymore.

Darcys PVO:

The rest of the day went as normal. I didn't see Mason in any of my lessons. I hope he didn't do something stupid, I was kind of worried to be honest. I didn't bother with talking to Marley or the rest of the group I just went straight up to my room to wait for Mason.

A couple of hours past and I gave up. I got into the shower and started to clean myself. A while after I got a towel and dried myself off and let my hair down. I walked out into the room.

"Mason?!?" I said surprisingly as he sat with his back towards me. He made me jump, I wasn't expecting him to be here right now. He didn't turn turn around to look at me. Something bad has happened.

It was silent.

"Are you okay?" I asked with my brows frowned.

"There's something I've got to tell you" he spoke. I nodded my head and sat next to him. I noticed his eyes where puffy and red. Not a vampire red. But as if he'd been crying. I began to worry. This is not like Mason what so ever.