||22|| Back to Present

Start from the beginning

Hope was the only thing that my family was living with, ma was devastated more than anything, papa would not talk to anyone anymore and kept distancing himself more and more from the family.  Dida and Nani would sit the temple for hours and hours hoping the Lord would give them their granddaughter back. Me? I would take come here every single day and spend all my time telling her the story or talking to her or just gazing at her heartbeat.

"Yeah, there is one last therapy we can try on her before waiting for the week," he said hesitantly as he bit his lower lip.

A weird kind of joy and happiness filled my body, a smile involuntarily appeared on my face, my face started to radiate with joy and hope. The knot in my stomach started to undo. Was this the key to her misery?

"I'll take that as a yes," Niel mocked her happy face as he placed a mirror in front of me. I  simply nodded  and took the mirror in my hands as he walked out of the room to get all the stuff arranged.

I took a glance at the mirror, instead of a rude, arrogant little girl, I saw a mature, broken lady standing in front of me. My hair grew longer than 2 years ago, my face went paler with all the tears, I had clearly lost more weight in the last month than from the 2 years.

I looked at my hazel brown eyes, as I saw them. I recalled another familiar pair of hazel eyes which did change my life forever. It's been 2 years since I last saw him, last talked to him, 2 years 134 days. Yes, me and Ragini count each and every day. That past of mine made me softer and less arrogant than before while Ragini grew on to become more rude and curt from her heartbreak.

I let out a sigh and shook Ragini by the shoulders, "Wake up Ragini, we need to search them. Remember, you said you will not leave me when I need you, this is the time Ragini, wake up."

As I was yelling at her, Neil came from the back and carefully placed another tube of medicine through her blood.

"Do you think this would work?" I asked stuterring with nervousness as I looked at the yellow liquid flowing down her veins.

"Trying is the only option we have left," he said in a gentle voice as he struck another tube down her other hand.

Come back Ragini, come back.....was all I could say as I stared at the tube.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAGINI'S POV

I was falling, falling harder and harder into a dark, black hole and I could do nothing about it. I could only see a black blur in front of me, where was I?

I hardly remember coming to a space of darkness, and where was Swara?

I tried to move my hands around, but they wouldn't bulge on bit, weakness and pain surrounded my motionless limbs. Okay, this was creepy, where was I?

I wanted to shout, yell, scream, move but I couldn't do anything but think. What was going on? I couldn't understand anything except start to see faint images of my life flashing in front of me. Starting with my childhood, then the incident, then school, the mischief with Swara and Arthav, moving to London, the mission, meeting Laksh, coming back, 2 years passing by in a blur and wait a minute, why was I here?

I heard a sniffle from someone beside me, this 'someone' was sobbing, I really wanted to open my eyes and see who it was beside me. I heard another sob, it was Swara. Why was she crying? The girl who never cried once in her life was crying right next to me. But why? How my heart ached to go and give her a comfy hug to cheer her up. Is something bad going on that I don't know about?

"Wake up, Wake up Ragini,"  I heard her say as a tube was pricked into my right hand which made me wince internally. Something from that tube was going into my blood which gave me a little bit more strength, a little bit more relaxation from the pain.

"Wake up sissy," I heard again, now I confused as hell. First, I thought she was joking or something, wasn't I already awake then why is she crying and desperately begging me to wake up?

I just needed more of this comforting medicine which will probably give me the strength to open my eyes and tell her that I am fine and she should stop acting emotional.  As the medicine kept flowing, my brain started to close down again, I was falling again into the hole, a slumber was in store for me. A little nap won't hurt right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confused as to what is going on??

Let me explain, so all this while, all the 21 parts before were Swara narrating the incidents that happened to them in Cuba, France, London to Ragini who is in coma for an unknown reason. Ragini is not able to respond due to the inability to comprehend what was going on and her weak body. Both of them have returned from Cuba 2 years ago and are not over SanLak yet. Those 21 parts before were a major dig in the past and now we are finally back into the present.

What choice did Swara make will be revealed later on and even what happened to SanLak will be next too!

I am planning to end the coma scene in the next 2 parts, SanLak entry after 2 years will be next! I know there are many questions and confusions, I am planning to update another quick note to answer all the questions you might have.

SO DROP IN ALL THE QUESTIONS AND CONFUSIONS YOU HAVE AND I WILL ANSWER THEM IN A NOTE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS! DO TELL ME NOW ITSELF IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS!!

Don't forget to vote, comment or share if you liked the story!! Love you all for 5.2K reads, was not expecting that at all!!

Thanks a ton guys, but let's get the votes high too....so all you silent readers, please wake up and hit the shiny golden star at the bottom or top!!