The Dance

When I got to the dance I quickly jogged in, I could see Charlie across the room dancing with a girl. I felt a flash of jealousy, but let in a big breath of air and confidently walked toward Charlie. He faintly smiled at me, he grabbed the girls shoulder and gently pushed her toward me. "Hey, meet my cousin Andra!" said Charlie.
(Imagine Andra as Tori Kelly)
I smiled with a sigh of relief, I was hoping Charlie didn't hear my phone ring. I greeted Andra, and Charlie stepped closer to me. He told Andra goodbye and pointed to a closet in the hallway. I followed him in there and he shut the door. The closet was pretty roomy, I leaned against the wall so Charlie wouldn't notice I was fixing my dress, that apparently was to tight. He locked the door and had a confused look on his face. He said this "Listen Meghan, what I'm about to tell you, you can't repeat unless you have permission from me. It's about Selena Gomez."I turned and pretended to cough while really rolling my eyes. I can tell Charlie likes Selena, and if he was about to ask me to help them set up a date or something  stupid I would've slapped him. "Last week at this same club, Selena's favorite ring was stolen. With the rest of her most special jewelry she was using to sell her new collection. Apparently the same guy has been stealing from multiple stars and next , he is coming back here. But.. to do more than steal." My eyebrows shot up, and goosebumps ran up my arms. Charlie looked me in the eyes and reminded me not to be afraid. "My cousin Andra, works for a cooperation called TIE. It stands for Technical Institution of Entertainment. It sounds like a simple cooperation, in L.A but its not. They protect the people of L.A, mostly people like us. Though it is a totally secret organization.  We can't tell anyone about it. I want you to help me and Andra, along with a few people you might already know. I know you are super observant and brave so I thought I would ask you for help. I said, "I'll join the team!" With a little regret at the bottom of my stomach.