Chapter 21: Their Party Preparation

Bruce had put up a notice for their customers that the café would be close today, the day of the first wedding anniversary of his best friend and also his boss. Cards had been sent out to their personal friends in the town two weeks earlier, including the nuns at the orphanage Meredith grew up in. He was glad he did not have any class today, neither did Katalina and Soledad. Since morning, they had been busy at the shop, decorating it and arranging the place to fit a party setting. The theme was Fairytales as Meredith loved fairytales. They had informed the guests in the invitation cards that they could come wearing costumes of their favourite fairytale characters.

The night before, the three of them had cooked dinner for the couple and warned them not to come to the shop the next day or they would ruin their own surprise. They could only come at 7.30p.m. the earliest. Meredith and Severus also informed them of their extra guests whom they had personally invited. In the morning, Katalina and Soledad had gone to their house again to deliver their Belle and Beast costumes to wear to the party. Hermione dropped by sometime around 5 in the evening to help her with her make-up, magically of course, while Harry and Ron helped their former professor to get ready, despite his protest. Then, the three of them left to go to the party first as Meredith and Severus waited for the limo Bruce, Katalina and Soledad had arranged to pick them up.

When the limo arrived in front of the café, the café was dark. Katalina, in her Elsa costume and Soledad, in her Cinderella costume, opened the limo doors.

"Hello, handsome! Ready to get drunk again tonight?" Katalina greeted Severus, pecked him on the cheek, and blindfolded him while Soledad blindfolded Meredith at the other side.