Pushing it off, she headed to her closet and grabbed out her razor blades.  They were all in a small box that she slipped easily into the side pocket of the satchel.  Taking in a deep breathe, she secured it over her shoulder and popped her hood from her sweatshirt over her head.  Then, she headed to her window and slowly opened it.

After taking a look around, she slipped outside and shut the window behind her, leaning the screen up against the house.  She knew her family probably wouldn't notice she was gone until dinner time tomorrow, because that's the only point in the day they all saw one another . . . not including her mother and father, who saw one another constantly.

Dropping down, she let her feet hit the ground with a thud before wasting no time, whatsoever.  She took off in a sprint towards the houses across the street.  She managed to get past the porch lights without being seen and she slipped up and over a fence, dropping down into someone's yard.  Right when her feet hit the ground, barking erupted and she screamed.

Before she knew it, she was running full speed through the back yard of her neighbor's house and out to the back alleyway.  When she made it over the fence, she stopped to catch her breathe.  Running had always taken a toll on her body; she was never a physically stable girl.  Her health had been shot ever since she was younger but she didn't know why.  All she knew was that her body had very soft bones and her immune system was fairly weak.

It made life difficult while she was growing up . . . and it sure wasn't doing any good for her tonight, either.

She slowly walked through the alleyway, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.  Her hood was covering her head from the light drizzle of rain that was pelting her and she knew she only had a matter of fifteen minutes before the downpour began.  That's just how it worked where she lived; every rainfall, there would be a fifteen minute drizzle before a two hour downpour . . . and quite frankly, she didn't know where she would be staying for two hours during the storm.

She couldn't stay outside; the wind would blow her skinny figure away.

Before long, she was walking aimlessly through random alleyways . . . until something caught her eye.  A bright light was shining down through one end of the alleyway she was walking down, and for whatever reason, something inside her screamed to run.  It might've just been because of how she learned to live growing up with her family or it could've just been that she didn't know who it was; it didn't matter, though.

It didn't take long for her to realize she was running from a cop.

Her legs started to burn terribly as he tailed her in hot pursuit, barely making it over the fence she jumped.  For a moment, she didn't know why she was running . . . and then she realized she had drugs in her bag.  The chances of him asking to search her bag were very high and the pill bottles hadn't been hidden under her clothes.

Plus, not all of them had her name on it; that would be charge number two for the night.

As her lungs started the burn with the lack of air, she tripped over something large.  She didn't know what or who it was, but the hit to the hard ground brought back memories she didn't want to deal with at the moment.  However, before she could even react, she was being dragged by the shoulder behind a dumpster.

A hand was covering her mouth as she squirmed and kicked at the person, terrified of what could happen to her.  She knew every possibility and she knew the outcome of those possibilities; she would get deeper and deeper into her gnawing depression until she just couldn't take it anymore . . . and death was literally only a couple pills away.

"Shh," the person that was holding her whispered, "I don't want to hurt you . . .  Please, stop fighting me."

"L-let go of me," she stuttered out against the hand.