9 ~ 12-15 Day 1

*Tate Jones' POV* (District 2 Male Tribute)

The launch pad began moving. Fear took control of me instantly. I shook violently, the nerves taking control of me. If I hadn't volunteered for that young boy, I wouldn't be here. No. I must stay strong.

The clothing we wore was navy. For pants, we had tights. Thick tights. For my upper body, I had a thick, long-sleeved shirt. On our backs, we had a metal frame that went down to our feet, stopping at our ankle. It went to our wrists, and covered the back of my arms. There wasn't enough to be used as a shield or weapon. You couldn't take it off either.

60 seconds.

My thoughts drifted to my family. Would they cope of I died?

I scanned the Arena. There was a sandbank behind us, and behind that looked like forest, jungle and desert. We were about 20 metres from the Cornucopia, which sat on an island.

50 seconds.

I thought of all the training that has led to this day.

40 seconds.

My thoughts drifted to Charlotte, who was three or four pedestals from me.

30 seconds.

I started pulling myself together, readying myself to jump.

20 seconds.

Suddenly an explosion to my right startled everyone.

10 seconds.

I am determined to make it back to Haller.

9 seconds, people were still gathering themselves, some still staring in horror at whoever was killed.

8.

7.

6.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

I launched myself off the plate, throwing my body into the water, and swimming to the Cornucopia. Charlotte was a couple of metres away. I helped her onto the island. District One came from the other side, and grabbed some weapons. We backed up together.

The boy from District 1, threw a knife at the girl from 5, killing her. There was a boy struggling away with a backpack.

"Charlotte, get weapons." I spoke.

She nodded.

"Zander, get food." He nodded, and ran off.

"Aubrey, get rope and coil. Anything that can help us catch them." I instructed.

I was standing behind the Cornucopia.

I ran to the side, and looked round. There was only small bits of food.

"Aubrey, gather stuff for snares and hunting equipment as well! Zander, help me kill." I insisted. Someone grabbed me from behind, dragging me into the water.

Cold spread over me, as I sucked in water, in an attempt to breath. Whoever was grabbing me was underneath. But as we sunk further, it became dark. I spun around, flipping us over, and punched them as hard as I could. It made it more difficult as the water was creating trouble. I smashed my head against a rock, as we thrashed around at the bottom of the lake. I wrapped my hands around their neck blindly, and squeezed. They clawed at me, soon giving up. They hung limply in my hands.

As I broke other surface, Charlotte helped me up. The gash on my head was bleeding. Someone made an attempt to throw a knife at us. It shot passed my head.

I spun round, punching at the boy. He fell to the ground. I heaved him into the lake, noticing it was the boy from 7.

I grabbed an axe, and began fighting a boy from 10. He was skilled. He counterattacked me, making the axe vibrate. He pulled a knife and stabbed at me, catching the metal guard on my arm. It slid off, and I took the opportunity to stick the axe in his head. It impaled him, as he screamed. The sick thud made it worse.

Zander was fighting a boy from 6. It was over in a matter of seconds.

There was a girl from 11 laying with an arrow through her neck, laying on the island, slowly breathing, but the life draining from her.

Soon enough, the hover-crafts began collecting tributes.

As they picked the bodies up, blood dripped from the wounds, covering the island. There were blood stains in the water, where tributes floated upside down.

<><>

All of the Careers survived. We regrouped, and sat on top of the Cornucopia, away from the prying eyes of other tributes, counting our supplies.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

"Who killed who?" Charlotte groaned. She had a cut that ran down her leg.

"I killed the boy from 6, and the girl from 5. Tate?" Zander passed the question to me. Aubrey was attending to our wounds, me scoring the most.

"I killed someone in the water. I think he was 8. The boy from 7, and the boy from 10. Also, the girl from 11 had an arrow in her neck. Not of my doing. Or any of us. Someone else has the bow. They took both sheaths of arrows. Charlotte?" I replied quickly.

"The boy from 5. And girl from 9. Gave me this. Aubrey?" Charlotte whined. Her face was contorted in pain.

"Girl from 6." She grunted.

Night was approaching fast, and we set up camp. We made a tent, and rolled out sleeping bags. We also rigged the food supplies. So if anyone attempted a steal, we could catch them. We had traps all around us.

Jilian and I on the roof of the Cornucopia, next to our tent, staring at the sky, when the anthem started. We called Zander and Aubrey out.

Girl from 3. She must have been the one who exploded.

Both Tributes from 5. Girl was killed by Zander and boy was killed by Charlotte.

Both from 6. Girl was Aubrey, Boy was Zander.

Boy from 7. My kill.

Boy from 8. My kill.

Girl from 9. Charlotte's kill.

Boy from 10. My kill.

Girl from 11. She was killed by the tribute with a bow. Still unknown.

Both from 12. They must have drowned.

The light shut off, and we were once again sitting in the dark night.

"I might go to sleep. Long day tomorrow. We have to explore." Zander whispered. We were all agreed.

As I closed my eyes, all I could think about was the people I killed. Three people. Their eyes burned into my soul.

And as I expected, I couldn't sleep much.

-/-/-/

A/N: Hope you like it! And shout out to Raymond, thanks bro!

Kk, so what was the fighting like? Good, bad, medium? Tell me down below!