7 ~ Tribute Scores

*Jerome Cannige POV*

"Hello and welcome to a News Broadcast. The Gamemakers have finalised the scores, and after three days of hard training, evaluation, and sheer determination to stay in this game, will release the results. In the mean time, word from the President that the Arena for the 12-15 has been finalised, and a sneak peek of that right now! And remember, only you viewers at home can get a glimpse of this, because tributes would have an advantage." I say enthusiastically

The picture opens on my tablet, and this is my cue to talk about it.

"What an interesting Arena! As we can see, it is rings of terrain. Behind the launch pads is sand, for around 6 metres, then behind that, is some forest, for six metres, then some desert for about 50 metres. Then jungle for 50 metres. The Cornucopia sits on a small island in the middle of a lake. I am being told that it is very deep, but not dangerous. Until night when the springs throughout the Arena turn into a deadly acid pool." I continued. The break light comes on, signalling advertisements. "Okay, so after the break, we will have the results for the Tributes. Then you can place your bets! See you soon!"

I wink at the camera, and they shut the gear off.

"Someone get him a coffee!" My assistant shouted.

I sat down next to a fan. My face was sweaty and red. I hated it like this.

"Two minutes until air time!" Someone instructed.

I wasn't allowed to read through the results, so that surprise was real.

A coffee was placed in my hand, and I gulped it down before getting back to my news desk.

3. 2. 1.

"Hello Panem! Brace yourselves, and get your money ready. So we will start with the 12-15 category! From District One, Zander Deritom with a score of 9! Aubrey Froster with a score of 7. Not very impressive for a career! 16-18, Aadi Young with a score of...11! And Elsa Queen with a score of 8!"

"District 2, 12-15, Tate Jones with a score of 10! And Charlotte Xavier with the same score of 10! 16-18, Haller Sapot with a score of 11! And Jilian Tyrik with a score of 10! District 2 is one too watch this year! If you haven't got much time, don't forget to catch the score sheet on our website!"