Chapter 7

*Juliet's POV*

It's already been one week. Today we're getting back our math test results. Me and Niall spent the whole day studying for the test.

After that I go to his house for study sessions still. So I could be ready for exams. The teacher was passing out the test we took.

"Good job Ms. Summers." Ms. Jane said smiling as she placed down my test paper. I smiled as I saw my grade.

I got a 75%! Awesome! Best grade I've ever gotten on a test! If I keep up studying with Niall I'll get better than 85 on finals!

The bell rang and we all got up. I went straight to my locker and put away my books. At least I have no homework. I made sure my math binder and textbook was still in my bag.

I was walking until Layla stopped me. "We need to talk." Alec said.

"About what?" I asked.

"About you! What's up with you! You've been leaving us to go off who knows where." Layla said.

"Do you even still want to be friends with us?" Aaron asked.

"Of course guys! Why wouldn't i?" I asked. I got a message. I pulled out my phone and read the text.

From:Niall
Still coming over today?

"I gotta go. Later guys!" I said. I was about to walk past them when Matt grabbed my arm.

"Why don't you like hanging out with us anymore? You're always blowing us off. Even on weekends." He said.

"Come on guys. I'm just busy." I said.

"To busy to be with your friends?" Layla asked looking hurt. I sighed.

"Okay fine. I'll ditch today to hang out with you guys. Only because you're my friends and I care about you." I said.

They smiled. "Great." I pulled out my phone.

To: Niall
Sorry Niall :( can't come today. My friends are getting mad. I'll stop by tomorrow.

From: Niall
Okay. So what did you get on your test?

To: Niall
I got a 75! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

From: Niall
No problem babe :) talk to you later.

I put my phone back in my pocket. "What's with the smile?" Alec asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"So where are you always running off to?" Layla asked.

"Nowhere. I just wanted some alone time." I said. It's like she knew I was lying.

"You're lying." She said. We all stopped walking.

"You never lie. Why are you lying to us?" Aaron asked.

Oh man. Here's the web of lies I was worried about. "It's something personal. A family thing." I lied. Ugh!

"Okay. Lets go to Starbucks." Layla said. We made our way to my car. We all piled in and I drove off to Starbucks.

"So keep me updated on what happened so far." I said.

"We went to an indoor pool. Alec got a girlfriend. You missed my birthday and we went ice skating." Matt said upset.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Matt! It totally slipped my mind! I'll make it up to you. Starbucks on me, Kay?" I asked.

"Yeah okay." He said smiling.

"Happy belated birthday." I said to him.

"Thanks" he said.

We pulled up at Starbucks. "Can I get two caramel fraps." I said. Me and Matt share the same interest in Starbucks drinks.

We all sat at a table. "So what's been happening with you? Besides your family thing." Layla asked.

"Oh you know. Studying." I said. That wasn't a lie. She nodded. I haven't been with them in so long. It feels kind of awkward now.

"So. It feels like forever since we've hung out." I said trying to break the silence.

"Yeah. It's been so long. It's just kind of awkward now." Alec dryly chuckled. I heard my phone ping signalling a text.

I opened it. It was from Niall. A smile grew on my face.

From: Niall
How about I take you out tomorrow night.

I quickly responded.

To: Niall
Promise you won't stand me up?

From: Niall
I promise. Should I come to your front door?

To: Niall
Okay. And no. You know how my parents are like. They won't let me leave. I'll meet you outside.

From: Niall
Okay. Pick you up at 8 ;)

I put my phone back in my pocket. "Why are you smiling so much?" Aaron asked with a smirk.

"Just a text I got" I said.

"So how about we all go to the movies tomorrow night? And try and make things with us less awkward?" Matt asked.

I sighed. "Uh. Can you change the date maybe? I'm-"

"Busy. Of course you are. You're a busy busy bee. And I know why. You're still seeing that murderer aren't you?" Layla snapped at me. This caught the whole cafe's attention.

"Murderer?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah. Niall asked her out a while back. And ever since then you've been ditching us for him! We've been your friends for years! And he's some murderous freak who kills people for pleasure!" Layla shouted. That's when I lost it.

"Can you please shut the fuck up! Do not EVER talk about Niall like that! He's so much more than you think he is! You have no right to judge him without knowing the full story!" I shouted. Everyone stared at me in shock from my outburst.

"He's using you Juliet! And changing you. The Juliet I know would never swear! Would never be seen with him! Would never lie! What happened to you!?" She asked me.

"And the Juliet you know would never judge a person without knowing the full story!" i shouted at her. "People change Layla. Maybe I don't want to be the perfect saint everyone wants me to be. Maybe I don't want to live under my parents rules. I want to be me. I want to be with Niall! He's been nothing but helpful to me for the past week!" I said.

"Juliet. He's a player. A murderer. He'll sleep with you and leave you." She said.

"And how do you know this? Huh! Has. Anyone ever thought to give Niall the benefit of the doubt!? He's a caring person. You just see him for what he seems like. Not for who he really is." I said. "You're my friend Layla. You're suppose to be there no matter what. Why can't you just accept that we became friends?"

"Because I can't. He's a murderer. He always will be a criminal." She said.

"You know Layla. If there's anything that church had taught us. It's to not fucking judge a person! Give him the benefit of the doubt! You'll see what he's really like!" I said. "What about you guys. You believe what she's saying?" I asked the three boys.

"I mean, Juliet. He is dangerous." Matt said.

"Yeah. Do you really think you should be near him?" Alec asked.

"It's not that safe." Aaron said.

"To you. Not to me. He's the kindest person anyone will ever meet. I would be failing math if it wasn't for him. I wouldn't be talking to my brother if it wasn't for him. I would've been raped an left in the freezing cold in an alley if it wasn't for him! He's helped me so much. But I guess all you will ever see him is as a criminal."

"That's because he is a criminal! He's a sinner!" Layla shouted. People around us were still staring.

I shook my head. "Aren't we all." I said shrugging. "I don't give a fuck what society says anymore. They don't know anything about him."

"Oh and you do" she said.

"Yes. I do! Layla, you have no right to be calling him a sinner. We've all sinned before. I know you have. You've drank alcohol before. And you Matt. You aren't even a virgin! And Aaron. Let's not forget about how you used to bully Ally in elementary school! And Alec. Who could forget about how Alec used to pit pocketing habit!" I shouted. "I've sinned too! Like how I've lied! I've swore! I go behind my parents back to see Niall! We've all sinned before. If it's so easy for people to forgive ours. Why the fuck can't people forgive Niall's!?" I shouted.

With that I stormed out of the store.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Woah. Juliet really blew her top there. Niall really is changing her. But who could lie, we all probably would've said the same thing as Juliet.

Thanks for reading! Two updates in one day! :) this was for you guys!

COMMENT

FAN

VOTE

~IBelieveIn1D 💋