6

When Ann got back to the suit she was sharing with Lynn, she got a little nervous because Lynn wasn't back yet. Then she remembered her suggestion to Lynn and Brendan. 'I guess I will see her in the morning,' Ann thought as she drew a bath. Ann wished she hadn't lost her buzz. 'Baths are much more fun when you're drunk.' She finally went to bed around 3AM, and still no Lynn. 'She must be having fun.'

That was exactly the case when Ann woke up around noon and found Lynn just getting in the door.

"Did you get any sleep?" Ann asked.

"Not really. But what I did involved a bed..."Ann burst out laughing as Lynn continued. "...and the floor, and the bathroom. I think we may have used a chair or the couch, some kind of furniture."

"You can stop now. So I take it you had a good time?"

"Yes, yes I did. Speaking of good times, how did it go with Gerry?"

"Okay, I guess."

"What happened?"

"We just talked. We went to an all night diner and talked," she said, looking a bit sheepish.

"What are you not telling me?"

"He kissed me."

"How was it?"

"One of the greatest I have ever had."

"And then you just talked?" Lynn looked very surprised.

"Yeah I don't really want to be in a relationship right now."

"Great sex doesn't mean a relationship and I though you were over Adam."

"No."

"That sucks for you. And on a differed subject, what are we doing tonight?"

"I am going to dinner with Gerry and you are coming with."

"Why?"

"Cause I said so. Call Brendan and bring him."

"Well if you are going to force me," Lynn said sarcastically.

* * * * * * * * * *

Despite the fact that Ann and Gerry had decided to just be friends, Ann caught herself obsessing over her appearance. Of course, Lynn teased her. The girls were going to meet Brendan and Gerry at Avalon around 8:00, but of course they didn't show up until 8:30.

"Don't you look nice," Brendan said pulling out a chair for Lynn. Seeing him do this, Gerry got up to pull out Ann's chair.

"You don't have to do that," she said pulling out the chair herself. "It isn't like we are on a date."

"I know. I just didn't want you to feel left out," Gerry said with a smile.

They might not have been on a date, but it certainly looked like it. On one side of the table sat Lynn and Brendan, getting closer to each other minuet by minuet. On the other side sat Gerry and Ann. With every joke that Gerry tried to deliver, Ann liked him even more. Then she would realize how much she was flirting, and tense up a bit. 'I shouldn't like him,' she though. 'he is probably just acting this way to be nice; he cant really like me.' When the salad came, Lynn had had enough of Ann acting like an idiot.

She leaned over and whispered, "Ann I need to talk to you. Come with me to the bathroom." As they got up, Lynn said, "Boys, Ann and I need to do a little girl talk, we will be right back."

"Don't just talk about me," Brendan said as they walked away, making Gerry laugh.

When he was sure they were gone, Gerry leaned over to Brendan. "How is it going with, what is her name, Lynn?"