17. Meeting The Family

Amber took one last look at herself in the mirror, making sure she was looking 'fashionably acceptable'. Krystal called her before, making sure to stress to not dress like a fashion terrorist tonight. So basically, not to dress like herself. The tomboy ran her hand through her dark brown locks, making faces at the bathroom mirror. She dressed simply, not putting too much effort into deciding what to wear, but enough to pull off a classy look. She was dressed in a simple white Oxford, which was accompanied by black jeans, followed by black Jordan high tops. "Good enough." She murmured, exiting the bathroom and heading towards the front door of her apartment. She made sure to check both Jack Jack and Gongju's food and water bowls, before saying a quick goodbye to her two chihuahuas.

Amber pulled open the sophisticated looking restaurant door. She gave the hostess a small smile, which the hostess reciprocated as she quickly guided the twenty year old towards one of the backrooms of the restaurant. Krystal had called before to make a reservation, and being that she was a frequent customer, the owner didn't hesitate to allow her to use one of their more private dining areas. "The two other women have already arrived." The hostess bowed, leaving Amber by the entrance to the private room. It was located towards the back of the restaurant, where one might expect the restrooms to be. "Hey Am!" Krystal's voice greeted Amber, along with a kiss on the cheek as Amber took her seat next to her girlfriend, of one year. The room had dim lighting, and it was no larger than an average sized bedroom. A table fit for four people was centered in the middle of the room, covered with a white tablecloth. Several paintings decorated the walls, bringing life to the small room, and setting the mood for serious dinners.

Today was a day that Amber had been anticipating for quite some time. The meeting with Mr. and Mrs. Jung went well, it didn't hurt that they were avid supporters of whatever their daughters did. And wether or not their daughters were gay, was not a big deal for them, so when Krystal introduced Amber to them as her girlfriend, they welcomed Amber into the family with open arms. But Jessica? Whoa, that's a completely different story. It's not that the eldest of the Jung sisters was homophobic, but the question was if she would approve of Amber as her only sister's girlfriend. And while Amber wasn't the closest with the second oldest of Girls' Generation, she knew enough about her to know that she wouldn't hesitate to speak her mind about their relationship."So," Jessica cleared her throat, scrutinizing Amber. "You're dating my younger and only sister." Well , it's starting already. The questioning process. Amber smiled and nodded at Jessica, reaching her hand over to Krystal's and intertwining their fingers underneath the dining table. "We've been dating for a year now." Amber said happily, looking at Krystal as she spoke. "You know you won't be able to show affection to each other in public, right?" The oldest of the group told the tomboy, a cold expression taking over her milky white face. "Unnie!" Krystal whispered,  furrowing her eyebrows at the bluntness of her sister's words. "This relationship could end up hurting both of you. If the public finds out about this, your career as a singer might as well not have existed." Jessica spoke, not wavering at her sister's interruption. The smile on Amber's face faded, and was replaced with a look of determination. She squeezed Krystal's hand, and spoke up once again, voice dripping with confidence. "I've thought of all the complications this relationship could entail, trust me. But if it costs my career to be able to love Soojung here freely, I would rip up my contract without question. If she leaves me because her career is at stake, and she still wants to pursue acting and singing, I won't hold her back. But as long as she wants me, I will love her back tenfold." Jessica's face went blank at Amber's words. Stunned? Shocked? Jessica had no idea, but this llama was able to render her speechless. She knew right then, that Krystal had made a good decision, that this llama would take good care of her little sister. Noticing that someone was still yet to speak, Jessica cleared her throat again, but this time trying to get rid of the awkwardness that had filled the air. "I'll, uh be right back you two." Krystal spoke for the second time, squeezing Amber's hand before exiting the room, heading towards the woman's room.

"Thank you." Hold the phone, did Amber just hear that right? "S- Sorry?" Amber stuttered, confused as to what it was she just heard come out of the supposed Ice Princess's mouth. "I said thank you, Babo." Jessica smiled."Thank you for taking care of my baby sister when my parents and I can't." Amber smiled back, giving the older girl her toothy grin. Achievement unlocked! Get girlfriend's entire family to approve of your relationship. "But, if you break her heart. I'll probably kill you." Jessica's face transitioned from friendly, to cold in an instant. Amber froze, squinting her eyes at the older girl. Was she joking... Or...? "Geez, I'm joking." Jessica laughed, "Krystal's right, you're pretty stupid." Jessica stuck out her tongue at the tomboy. "Hey! I am not!" Amber pouted, folding her arms over her chest. Jessica made a gagging motion at Amber's 'cute' pout. "Ew, Soojung is rubbing off on you. Gross!"  Just as Amber began to word out her retort in her head, her train of thought was interrupted by the door to the room reopening, and closing. "So," Krystal let out a sigh as she sat down. "What'd I miss?" She asked innocently, looking back and forth between her older sister and girlfriend. Not getting a response from either of the older girls, Krystal shrugged. "Whatever, I want beef."

~~~End~~~