intro || calum

Calum twisted the rope hair of his sisters doll between his finger, trying to remember his sister playing with it. Now that he looked at it, the doll was way too ugly for her to play with. The string hair was frayed and obviously hand made. The button eyes were worn, losing their colour and nearly falling off. The clothes were handmade by her mother, mismatched and teared in most of the hems.

Calum three the doll at his window, the buttons smacking the glass making a small tic sound. As soon as it fell down the window, off his chest and onto the floor, he immediately regretted it. Calum three the blankets off himself and ran towards the small doll then caressed it to his chest, inhaling it's scent. It smelt of honey graham crackers and floral soap.

Instead of bothering to crawl back into his bed, he fell back onto the floor. He felt numb and stiff, and tried not to think of his step-sister being kidnapped.

What fucking creature would make a small girl kill another child?

There was three knocks at his bedroom door and even though he should be worried that the creature was coming next for him, Calum laid completely still with the doll resting on his chest.

"Cal, baby boy, there's someone here to talk to you." Margaret, the housekeeper, said opening his door slightly. "Can we come in?"

"M'guess..." He grumbled, not looking to see who it is.

There was the sound of boots hitting the floor, chains jingling and a utility belt moving. From how he was laying, Calum could see tailored pants freshly pressed with big black work boots.

"Mr. Hood?"

"Hm, yeah?" He looked up from laying down. He hopped the police wouldn't mind his now crippling fear and mourning as he laid down and cuddle his missing sisters belonging.

"Do you wanna talk some more?" She sat on his bed, making herself comfy and not minding the mess. "I'm officer Irwin, we met about a week ago during your interrogation."

"Mhm.."

"Okay, well," She cracked her knuckles, looking around the room unsure of what to say. "Well -"

"Let me guess, my mother called you here?"

"She's worried about you... And school is starting up again, she wants you to be ready to go back."

"Well, Maria wasn't her daughter. So when she loses a daughter or a sister and survives mentally, then she can tell me to go to school."