Chapter 3

Jax, Andy and I decided to go hunting together. We usually do anyway but we wanted to do a special hunting time for Andy. She's leaving soon to go get another shipment of smuggled food and supplies. So as a giant reward for her risking her life and being our friend, we want to have one last hunting party till she gets back in a couple of weeks. I had my grandpa's prised rifle and a survival knife. I wore my hiking boots and put on my lucky necklace. It was pretty much a sturdy string with a old coin tied on it. My "father gave it to me when I was young." That's what grandpa says anyway.

     Jax sliced some leaves that were infront of us. I guess we'd set up the place as a meeting area. He then got his rifle back up and continued leading Andy and I. Andy didn't like rifles, she would always carry a pistol amd two daggers instead. She was like a female badass, something that isn't too common here in Dawnlight.

"Andy, how long will you be gone?" I asked helping her over a log.

     She grabbed my arm and jumped down smiling. "Don't worry I'll be back soon, I will be gone three weeks at the most."

"I'm gonna miss my hunting partner," Jax joined in grinning. He looked forward and stopped us from talking or moving. "Guys I found a rabbit."

     We all got low, ready to shoot it. I moved closer to us and I pulled the trigger. The rabbit fell and I walked towards it. It was dead. "Come on over its dead."

     Andy and Jax joined me with the rabbit. Jax took it and skinned it. Shredding the skin off, he put it over a fire. "You guys go explore I'll cook the rabbit."

     Andy and I looked around the area. It was about sunset time and the sky looked beautiful. It has orange stripes and red lines on the horizon. I sat down on a log and Andy joined me.

"Do you really have to leave?" I asked disappointed.

"It's only for two weeks maybe," she laughed, "I told you like ten minutes ago."

"I know, I just will miss you."

"So will I." She leaned in and kissed me on my lips. I didn't know how to react. I didn't like Andy this way, I liked her as a friend. I didn't want to reject her so I kissed back.

    She pulled away and smiled. "I've been wanting to that since we met, since we were like five."

     I grinned back. I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything. I just looked at her.

"Marcus."

"Yeah? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have to go now."

"Now? You just-" I tried to say

"I know. I'm sorry, goodbye." she cut me off. 

     And with that she just walked away. I got back over to Jax and that was that.