0.7

zayn was at home with a few friends. all from the same high school, but the one girl in there group of friends started work at the same place zayn works. he's known the four since the start of high school and the five of them have been best friends since.

there was spencer, who he works with but has know for years and then there's josh, tyler, and boyd who got him into trouble all through out high school but still managed to keep him on track. he quite liked his group of friends, he liked when they would just hang out and do absolutely nothing. it was a huge breath of fresh air for him.

"why haven't you been into work," spencer asked, as she slapped boyd's hand away from her hair.

"just not feeling up to it," zayn replied, face toward the ground.

the rest of his group shared looks, loads of concern written on their faces. they all know each like the back of their own hand so it wasn't hard to pick up on the others emotions.

they could all tell that zayn was down. he was clearly distraught, they just needed to figure out why.

"aye, what's wrong with ya," tyler said as he lightly bumped shoulders with zayn.

zayn didn't respond, just shook his head to pull his thoughts together and looked up from the ground. he was clearly trying to hide behind a mask but it was a waste of time because he was sitting with the group of people who knew him best.

"c'mon mook, talk to us," boyd said, using a nickname they'd given him a long while ago. it came about in the very start of the friendship when their substitute teacher had managed to butcher zayn's last name so badly that it came out as mook.

"i told harry i loved him," zayn said, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth as he let the nerves set in.

"that's great," josh mumbled, and if they all didn't know him so well, they would've thought it was fake enthusiasm but josh was josh and he hardly talked and when he did it was quite and timid.

"i don't think so joshy," zayn said, a sad look on his face that josh immediately mirrored.

"how isn't it," tyler practically screamed, singlehandedly expressing everyone's shock.

"he doesn't feel the same, i've probably ruined our friendship," zayn replied, voice slightly scratchy as he felt the emotions getting the best of him.

"and did he confirm that," spencer asked and by the tone of her voice, she already knew the answer.

"no, but-" zayn started but was cut off by josh in an instant, "no but's, you can't just assume. you have to talk to him and see if he feels the same way. if you just assume he doesn't and he really does, then you've lost your chance of being with someone that you really care for."

everyone was shocked by josh's words. it was so much to hear from him at once but zayn was the most shocked. he knew josh was right and he was cursing himself for stupidly ignoring harry for the past four weeks. he immediately took out his phone and started a new message to harry.

"what should i say," zayn asked after he'd typed and erased the message a bunch of  times.

"i don't know mook, you gotta figure that one out on your own," josh said, a pout on his lips and zayn really just wanted to hug him because he was so adorable.

"c'mere," zayn said, setting his phone down on the table and slightly reaching for josh.

"'kay," josh mumbled, a giddy look on his face as he walked over to zayn. josh was a cuddle bug so of course he jumped at the opportunity to cuddle.

josh scooted right next to zayn, one leg slightly on zayn's lap and his head rested on zayn's chest. it was a cute image, one that spencer decided to share. she took out her phone and opened up snapchat, snapping a picture and adding "otp" to it before adding it to her story.

so spencer posted the picture without any thought, failing to realize that harry was her friend on snapchat and would see the picture and wonder why it wasn't him sat in zayn's arms because if zayn loved him and he loved zayn, aren't they the true pair?

she was just joking around, completely clueless to the storm of thoughts she'd stirred up in harry. it was only a joke, of course they weren't her otp because that would mean the actually couple of the group wouldn't be a thing and tyler and josh were everyone's otp. but harry didn't know that so he was left wondering why the boy he loved was no longer loving him.