Today and Everyday

Start from the beginning

Clare just took a deep breath and walked away, Paul slowly following behind. She then looked at Alyssa and spoke, "Uhm, I need to go..." 

"What?" Alyssa asked, surprised, "But it's still early..." 

"Uhm, Darcy called..." 

"Darcy? Your boss? But I thought he was in Paris or something..." 

"Yeah, but he came back early... he needs to see me... I'm really sorry, Alyssa, I'll make it up to you... I really should just go... Have fun..." She said as she gave her a peck on the cheek and gave Paul dagger looks. She then went away. 

"I'm sorry about that..." Alyssa told Paul. "She's not usually that way... I have no idea what happened..." 

"That's okay..." Paul smiled, and they talked. He felt like he won this time.

Home sweet home

Meredith was walking at the alley near the coffee shop and her favorite parkbench when she saw this good-looking guy. He was tall, his hair a chestnut brown, and he seemed as if he weren't from here. He's my type. She thought. She saw him looking at some rent a house/ apartment ads, and saw him sit down at the bench while holding the ads. Perfect. She talked and walked up to him. She sat down beside him.

"Hi," She greeted, flipped her hair, tucked it behind her ear and smiled. 

The guy was surprised. He looked at her, "Hey..." He greeted. 

"So, I see you're looking for a place to stay in?" 

"Ugh, yeah, I'm new here..." He said. She thought he spoke with a twang. It seemed Irish. 

"I thought so..." She said, "So, where are you from?" 

"Ireland." He smiled, "I've just been here for a few months...My bestfriend's getting married, that's why..." 

"Oh...Well, actually, I live in this house and we're needing a new boarder, I swear, the pay's very cheap..." She smiled, "The place is really wonderful, you'd love it. I'm Meredith, by the way... You're...?" 

"Nathan." He smiled as he shook her hand. 

"Nathan," She repeated and smiled, "So, what do you think?" 

"Oh, uhm..." 

"Okay, I have an idea..." She said, "Why don't you come with me?" She smiled. 

"What?" 

She stood up and grabbed him by the arm. He stood up too. "Come with me." She said, "I'll show you the house. Promise, it's worth a try." 

"O, well, okay then..." 

"Let's go..." She smiled, "Uhm, by the way, I left my ride at home, so..." 

He took a deep breath, "Okay, we'll take my ride then..."

***

"So, this is it..." Meredtith told Nathan as they arrived at the house. Nathan thought it was pretty, but in a cookie-cutter way. The white picket fence, the red roof, the flowers... Everything seemed surreal. "Let's go in..." Meredith said as she took him by the arm. "I know it's not too big, but it's lovely in a chic way..."  

He smiled, "It's okay..." He said. Just then, he heard the sound of drums inside the house. He was surprised, "What is that?" 

"Oh, I'm sorry, that's Rodney, he's my friend, we've been livin' together for years..." 

"Oh..." 

"Rodney, can you tune it down please..." Meredith called out but Rodney played harder, "Rodney!" She screamed.