Two

I roll out of bed, my weight sifting from foot to foot. I wait for the sound of my parents making noise, the sound never came. I sigh and pull myself down the flight of stairs that are normally flooded with my parents footsteps. The sun light flooded the kitchen from the windows surrounding it, making the crisp white countertops burn my eyes at every glance. I pad over to the kitchen sink, the biggest window lay here, I close my eyes and soak in the sunlight as I try to warm myself. When I reopen my eyes I'm faced with the window to my neighbors house. The neighbors were people I've never gotten to meet but here they all sit at the dinner table having a meal together. That is something I long for, a family- a real one.

I must have been staring too long because one of the boys was now eye to eye with me, he smiles as he washes his dish. I felt my cheeks heat up as I pretend to be washing dishes, he must have saw me scramble because when I peer up again, chuckles escape his lips. When he walks away I let out a heavy sigh as I feel my cheeks start to loose their color. I seem to always find a way to embarrass myself in front of other people.

I pace myself back up the stairs and into the bathroom where I shower, I blow dry my hair and apply mascara and light eyeshadow. I slip on a pair of shorts and a plain white shirt. I bounce back down the stairs and out the back door, I inhale a deep breath of the Ohio summer air. I was greeted by my backyard, assortments of flowers and bushes grew widely across the grassy area as the whole back half of my yard was filled to the brink in huge towering trees. My art supplies stay trucked under my arm as I make my way to the corner of my yard under the huge oak tree, my favorite tree out of them all.

I was about halfway done with the painting I was doing when something hit my back, hard. It lunges me forward, right into the easel and my painting. The easel topples over and it brings me with it. I lay face first on top of the art work I just spent the past hour on. I stand up rather quickly, trying to scavenge the painting the most I could. I look down at the smeared colors on the canvas and then glance down at my not so white shirt. I stare in disbelief as all my work washes away with a simple touch.

I glance around at the cause of this and my eyes hit a basketball, I turn on my heels, furious. My eyes land on three boys standing on a makeshift basketball court. I grab the basketball, walk over to the boys who seem to have plain faces as if what they did wasn't even wrong. I look over the boys as I hope to get anything out of them, I notice one of them with an apologetic look but the rest were hiding back giggles. I instantly recognize the apologetic boy as the one who I saw in the window earlier. I let the basketball fall loose from my hands as it makes a thud as it hits the pavement.

"I'm so-" the boy from the window starts to say but I throw down the hectic canvas and storm back the the home which isn't very homey, my anger getting the best of me. I scavenge around my room as I try to find clothes, I throw off the stained shirt and pull on a new one, I glance down at the paint covered shirt and sigh.

The one day I actually leave the house 

Suddenly feeling drained and still upset I nearly run down the stairs as I pace into the untouched living room. I sit myself down on the couch that is so clean and white it almost seems that no one ever sits on it. I flip through the tv meaninglessly, my anger starting to fade at each passing show. The sound to the tv was cut short as a knock came upon the door and I mentally curse whoever was on the other side.

I pad over to the heavy wooden door and pull it back, I close my eyes tightly as my eyes adjusted to the bright sun. One I reopen my eyes I instantly roll them at the sight in front of me. It was that boy. He seems nervous as if I would still be angry or upset, he kept running his hand through his messy strands of hair, I will soon learn that this was a habit. In his unoccupied hand he held the make shift canvas. The colors all smeared together and the main point of the painting could no longer be depicted as the colors are blended all together in one giant blob. He must have noticed me staring at it because he quickly found words to say.