We have time

The first thing I realized was that , I was not in any world I knew. The air was too pure and clean, everything had a healthy and lively tinge to it and lastly the boy in front ofs me had pointed ears. I'd say boy as he could not have been more than nineteen years of age. Younger than my first cousin but older than my boyfriend. His hair came down in straight sheets with two small braids from his temples ,over his ears which met at the back. His eyes were warm blue like soft clouds unlike my cousin's which were icy blue . He wore a green and brown tunic with the symbol of a green leaf . His -. My train of thought was broken when he suddenly cleared his throat. " Why are your ears pointed? Are you an elf ? " , I blurted out . Then immediately felt like slapping myself. Why did I have to be so inquisitive ? If he wasn't an elf , I would have given out the existence of one of the most secretive societies ,fist discovered by my brother / cousin. He threw back his head and laughed. It was a beautiful sound . Like the tinkling of silver bells and wind chimes. He chuckled,"Right at the first chance , child. " I was affronted . How old did he think I was ? Five ? For the sake of the Gods, I was Thirteen !! Before I could reply indignantly, it suddenly occurred to me that I didn't even know his name. I asked him , when he did something I was just not expecting , he bowed and said , "Legolas, Prince of Greenwood , son of Thranduil , at your service ." I stared at him speechless. He was a prince !??!?!!! Now I was 100% sure that I was not on earth. I then realised that without knowing anything about this place , I was hopelessly lost. So I asked him , " Where am I ? I come from a different world where elves live underground and humans have polluted the world . Though I know several worlds and that their gods exist , I have never been here before , so pray tell me where I am ." This formal style of speech was foreign to my ears and I startled myself by uttering these words thus.

Several emotions flickered along his face - confusion , surprise ,amazement . After a pregnant pause , he slowly said , "Tell me about yourself. Start from the beginning. I cannot understand this , but the Valars would never send you here without a purpose. Tell me your story , for only then can I make anything out of this. "

 " It is a long story. It will take up too much time. " I replied trying to shrug off the question.

He looked at the rising sun and grinned slowly before replying , " We have time. "