Story of the Half Blood

I awoke to see bright light shining in from an open window. How did that get open? I thought to myself as a warm breeze flowed into my room. I walked over and closed the window, just as I was about to shut it I saw a few white flower blossoms on the window seal. Huh... now this really is strange. I said aloud now.  

Out of nowhere a big white moth fluttered past my head and out of the window. "What the heck?!" I cried out as I jumped into the air. Okay... This is defiantly weird... 

I shut the window and hurried to get dressed. I hope I'm not going to be late for school. I pulled on some faded skinny jeans, a Cheshire Cat shirt, and quickly applied my makeup. I walked downstairs and pulled on my teal converse and headed out the door. Crap. I forgot my clarinet! I groaned. I ran back up to my room grabbed my clarinet and took off running to my door. Surprisingly I didn't fall on my face this time down the stairs.  

I walked down the road and to the school. its only about two blocks away from where I live. 

"7:39" great... I said as I turned away from the clock in the hallway. My school is particularly boring. The walls are a plain white. The floor is white speckled dirty looking tile. Then there are our lockers. They must be the biggest eye sore known to man. Ugly, nasty, puke colored yellow. If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that the color yellow is my mortal enemy. 

Just as I closed my locker my alpha and best friend Jenna walked up. "Hey, Mallory. Hurry we are going to be late to class. Oh... and I needed to tell you something." She practically growled that last part. "Alright, whats wrong?" I asked as we started to walk to the opposite end of the building.  

Jenna explained to me how the pack had been on high alert. There was supposedly a Vampire on the loose. Me being The beta. Had a bright idea to go to my house last night rather than back to the pack house like I usually do. Jenna was somewhat angry with me for doing so. 

"Okay, but it cant be that serious if its just one vampire in town." I retorted as she was holding back another growl. "Yes it is Mallory! Don't you get it?! You turn sixteen. You have your first shift. Then the next morning you find that your eyes have turned red. You started to get more pale, and when you get angry your hair turns either bright red or black depending on your anger level! Now there's a vampire in town?!" She screeched at me. "No. I don't get it. I'm a werewolf. NOT a bloodsucking killer!" I screamed back to her as I marched into class and slammed the door into her face. 

"Well that went just awesome." I heard Jenna say from outside the door. What an awesome way to start a Monday.