Oliver Wood

Oliver's POV

Flipping through the Prophet aimlessly gets boring, the only thing interesting in today's number is that Victor Krum retired and was replaced by Xander Samre.
Even though I'm long out of Hogwarts, and also over my Quidditch obsessi-
Oh who am I kidding.

''HEY, YOU PIECE OF A TREE!'' I heard Katie yell. ''YOU'VE GOT MAIL!''
Groaning, I stood up and made my way downstairs. Upon my arrival Katie covered her ears.

''What's that for?'' I asked her, eyebrows raised.
''You're going to start squealing like it's the bloody Yule Ball or like you saw Draco Malfoy shirtless.'' She shuddered.

I shrugged, and opened the letter.
And surprise, surprise, it was from Mr and Mrs Potter.
Haven't heard from him in a long time.

It read,
Dear Oliver,
I'm sorry for the lack of owls these days but I've been busy. Needless to say, Ginny had a baby.
No worries- It's mine- but I thought you could come to the party Molly insisted  we throw.
So yes, you and Katie are welcome to come and by all means, Alicia and the others are invited too. Come to my house tomorrow at 8 pm.
Truly Quidditch-lay yours,
Harry J. Potter.

And in a more elegant, fancy handwriting, one I recognized as Ginny's,
P.S. Please Oliver, don't go out of your way with whatever you have in mind for little James Sirius.

I folded it, and calmly slipped it back in the envelope, stood up....
And screamed.
''YES, JAMES SIRIUS POTTER IS THE OFFSPRING OF GINNY FREAKING WEASLEY AND HARRY FREAKIN' POTTER! DOES ANYONE REALIZE THE QUIDDITCH GENES HE HAS?'' I yelled at no one.
Quickly finding a muggle pen to write with, I answered,
Dear Harry,
Katie and I will be there! I'll make sure to invite Alicia and the others!
Quidditchly yours,
Oliver.

Still jumping with joy, I have the letter to my owl. Wanna guess his name?
Yep, Quaffle.

I ran to Katie and It's room, and screamed again. She slapped me.

TIME FREAKING SKIP, YOLO.
With a huge grin on my face, I knocked on the door of the Potter housedold.
I was welcomed with a goofey looking Harry and Ron.
''Hello, Harry!'' I exclaimed, shaking hands with him and laughing. ''Say, can I take your son to the pitch tomorrow?'' I questioned.

Harry and Ron laughed, but it quickly died down when they saw I was serious.
No, don't you share go there.

''He's a day old.'' Ron pointed out.
''It's never too early, Ronald.'' I smiled.

Harry stepped away, ''Come on in! Where's Katie?''
I stepped inside. ''She's with Alicia and the others, getting ready or whatever.''
There were balloons everywhere, and cake, and one particular guy came to hug me.
''Teddy!'' I exclaimed, patting his back.
''Uncle Oliver! Dad let me fly on his broom!'' He was jumping from joy.
I chuckled. ''Did he, now?'''
Teddy nodded, but didn't stay over much, and left.

I looked around, and spotted Ginny with Hermione, Luna, Angelina and Cho Chang.

''Hello, ladies.'' I greeted them.
Angelina gasped at the sight of me, and hugged me. ''Olive! Where were you?''
''With Katie.'' I shrugged. ''I'm pretty devoted.'' Ijoked.
''Ginny, congratulation on James Sirius.'' I told the redhead. ''Can't wait 'till he's one.''
Ginny roll led her eyes. ''I get to teach him Quidditch, Olly, I'm his mother.''

But I would totally try to get my hands on him, once I'm done, he'll be playing for England.

-----
A/N: Why the bloody hell I wrote this? I don't k now.
Why am I not ranting? Oh, I'll rant in the next chapter. Get ready.