Trying (And Failing) To Be Romantic

(A\N)This was requested by @the_girl_in_reality, hope I got your username right, and sorry for not writing this sooner. I hope ya like this! Enjoy, or not, I don't really care.(A\N)

"So, where are we going again?" you asked your triangular partner.

"T-to O-Olive Garden. I f-figure that s-since this i-is our first d-date, w-we should go s-somewhere romantic." Will explained. You nodded. 

Allow me to explain:

This was your and Will's first real date, and you had decided to go to the magical world of Olive Garden. But don't worry, he was in human for so no one could tell what he really was. 

So, back to Cringe Fest 2016.

"Okay. So, how ya been?" you asked him, trying to start a conversation. 

"G-good, you?" he said.

"Good."

"Good."

You looked everywhere but at him. You had, after a lot of debate with yourself, had worn a dress, and was now regretting it. 

"Y-you look beautiful." you suddenly heard him say. You looked up to see him blushing.

"Thanks. You look quite handsome yourself." you answered.

"T-thanks." 

And back into awkward silence you go. 

Will slowly intertwined his fingers with yours as you walked. You blushed, and looked up at him. He was quite a bit taller than you, and his arctic blue hair seemed to always be in his eyes. He was skinny from years with Dipper, and he had a baby face. But, all-in-all, he was adorable. Or should I say adorkable? Please, someone stop me. 

"Um, y-you're staring at m-me." he said. You blinked and just looked away, blushing. 

"Oh look we're here! Thank God..." you muttered as Olive Garden came into view. 

You both walked in, and you were greeted by a waitress. (I've only been to Olive Garden once or Twice, because I love it but my parents don't. It might not be exactly right, so bear with me here.) 

"Hello, my name is Julie and I'll be serving you today. Will it be just you two?" Julie asked you. 

"Yep." you said. Will was looking at his feet, the shy little booger.

"Okay, just follow me." your waitress said, she led you both to a table, gave you menus, took your drink orders, and then left you two alone.

"So, what's been going on?" you said, again trying to make small talk. 

Will just shrugged, looking around at all the people. 

You sighed. This wasn't going anything like you had planned. You thought this would be much more romantic and much less awkward!

While you were ranting in your head, Will's eyes had fallen to you. Your (H\C) hair perfectly framing your face, your (E\C) eyes scanning your surroundings. In his eyes, you were absolutely perfect. Nothing that anyone else said could change his mind about you. 

"Um, Will?" you asked him, noticing that he was staring at you.

"O-oh! S-sorry." Will apologize, sinking down in his seat. 

"No, it's fine." you said. 

Soon, after a few minutes more of horrible silence, Julie came with your food.

"Here you go. Enjoy!" she said, setting down your food and walking away. 

"Thanks." you both muttered in sync.

And, once again, back into silence you go. Well, at least this time you can use stuffing your face as an excuse.

"This is really good." you tried to start conversation for the, what, third time tonight?

"Y-yeah." Will answered. 

Silence.

"I love you." you just blurt, this time desperate to escape the awkwardness of this night. (You thought I was going somewhere else, didn't you?)

"I l-love you t-too." Will said, jumping back a bit in his seat from your sudden outburst. 

"Gosh darn it WHY IS THIS SO HARD?!?!" you yell, right in the middle of Olive Garden. Everyone looks at you, and you just sit back down, crossing your arms. 

"(Y\N)?" Will asked. You turned to look at him.

"M-maybe we s-s-should just p-pay and g-go h-home." Will said. 

"That sounds fan-flippin-tastic." you said. Will called for the ticket, and payed because he can just make money appear out of thin air and stuff, and soon you were on your way home.

"I think we can both agree that this has been a terrible experience." you said, facing him. Will nodded.

"L-lets just s-stay at y-your house n-next t-time." he said.

"Deal."

You both went silent, but this time it wasn't awkward or cringe-worthy, it was comfortable. 

Soon, you arrived back at your house, hand in hand.

"Thanks for letting me waste your time." you said, chuckling. 

"N-no, I-I'm glad I-I got to s-stay with y-you and not D-Dipper." he said. 

"Well, see ya later." you said, giving him a small kiss on the lips and going back into your house. 

Will just watched you leave, feeling lucky to have a girl like you.

AND THAT'S HOW CRINGE FEST 2016 BECAME LOVE FEST 2016!

THANK YA!