Part 2: The Sorting

Once off the train I met back up with them. A very large and hairy man led us to a lot of small boats. In mine was Ron, Harry, and obviously Chrissy. Also the odd brown shaggy haired boy. He didn’t say much, really anything. He kept to himself as we went across the lake. A strict looking lady (who I learned was McGonall) met us at the gate and led everyone to an empty hallway.  She had us line in up in alphabetical order by first name. By odds, I was next to brown hair boy aka Justin. This time I was determined to find out a little more about him. Even if he wasn’t much of a talker at least I knew his name.

“Hey Justin.” I said. He gave me this look that was weird and "said who are you and what do you want. "“What house are you going for?”  I asked breaking the awkward silence.

Shrugging he answered. “Gryffindor sounds the best to me. But my mom was a Ravenclaw and my and a Slytherin....” His voice trailed off.

“Cool,” I said a little quieter than usual. “Same here, I want Gryffindor.” He nodded. “ So were did you come from?” hoping to figure out why he talked so different.

“Stratford, Canada, you?”

“Just this little town in England.” I said back. I was just about to ask another question he turned away. McGonall came in a few seconds later and lead us into the Great Hall. She placed an old hat on a stool and it began to sing. -Insert sorting hat song from the first book. -

After a round of applause she began to call off names. You would place the hat on your head and it would call out your house. Chrissy had just been placed in Gryffindor. Soon after that they reached G’s. I was a little nervous.  “Grace Tanner!” became a Ravenclaw, and then they started on J’s.

“Jordan Parker!” she called. Once I placed the hat on my head it began…………

“Hmmm…… you’ve got brains and wit……… good for Ravenclaw. Cunning and sly……… brave and modest……… a hard one……… how about GRYFFINDOR!”

The Gryffindors broke out in applause as I joined them. I sat next to Harry and Chrissy who had also become Gryffindors.

“Justin Bieber!” professor McGonagall. He walked a little slowly over to the stool. Placed the Sorting Hat on his head over his shaggy brown hair. After a short while it called out GRYFFINDOR! He walked over as it was no big deal and sat next to Harry.

“Congrats,” I whispered.

“You too…………” he said not even looking at me.