Complicated [29]: Falling Over the Truth

Start from the beginning

I chuckled as I stood up from the chair and sat down beside him. I took the book from his hands and there I saw a picture of two people cuddling a cute little dog. Oh,he meant to say puppy. Not wuppy.

I took a further look down the book and there was a couple of words written down the picture.

"Yeonnie and Hyunnie's puppy."

"Ah!"

"Appa?"

I immediately felt a dull pain in my head. The same ones I get these past few weeks. Jihyun looks at me with worried eyes and he reaches out to hold my arm. I kept my hands on my head as I endure the pain. "D-dada. Are y-you owkay?"

I slowly opened my eyes to take a look at Jihyun. I can see his eyes tremble and he was obviously scared. The pain was still spreading through my head but I didn't pay attention to it anymore. I immediately threw the book flying away from me and I took Jihyun in my arms and started to soothe him with my humming.

A few minutes later,the pain slowly went away. I've been getting dull pains in my head whenever I see something familiar but I can't seem to get it together in my mind.

I run my fingers through Jihyun's hair and I gently put him down on the couch. His peaceful sleeping face made me calm a bit.

After I'm done fixing the pillows around him,I went into the kitchen and sat on a chair. I saw Qri mixing some of the ingredients she got from the cupboards and there I saw it was flour,sugar,chocolate and vanilla. I was watching her bake with her back facing towards me. I can also hear her humming to herself.

I assumed she didn't noticed me here as she kept seperating the dough onto the sheet. After that,she sat down infront of the oven and watched them grow as they baked.

I kept staring at her in silence and the delicious smell started to fill the house and when I thought they were finished,Qri pulled them out. She did it a few times before she used up all the dough.

It's quite funny because she didn't notice me here at all.

She piled up the cookies up onto a plate and picked up one on the top. As she tasted it,I can see her shoulders move down in relief.

With a plate of cookies in hand,she suddenly turned around.

Her eyes immediately widened at me and she dropped the cookie she was tasting on the floor. What a waste. "Oh! I didn't see you there." She exclaimed.

"I've been here all the time." I said. She giggled and placed the plate of cookies down on the counter to let it cool a little. "That's so sweet of you."

Qri dried her hands on a towel before coming towards me. She pouted her lips and I chuckled. I leaned down and kissed her. She slipped her arms around my neck and kissed me harder. She pulled me closer as the kiss deepened. It felt so good but at the same time,it felt so wrong and I don't know why.

She bit on my lowerlip asking for an entrance and I myself didn't want to stop,but there was a sudden knock on the door. Qri pulled away from me and grunted.

"Coming!" Qri shouted at the door. "What about you get it for me honey?" She asked sweetly. I smiled back and gave a quick nod. She gave me another kiss before turning around to check on her freshly baked cookies.