3 Year-Old Katniss

Katniss laid on her father's  bed and sighed. Ever since she was bitten, she couldn't get over the pain. It lingered all the time and it made everything worse. "Katniss?" Vegeta said when he entered. "What papa?" She replied turning onto her side. "I'm sorry about what happened last year...." She turned and looked at him. "It wasn't your fault." She said, sitting up. She never slept in her bed anymore, she slept in her father's room with him. Her fear: that the animatronic,  Fred Bear, would kill her in her sleep. "Why don't you go to your room....." She glared at Vegeta. "No." She said, laying back down on the bed. Vegeta frowned and sighed. 'Frieza will pay for what he did to you, little one.' He thought, rubbing her back. She sighed and fell asleep. Vegeta sighed and pulled out an 3 year old picture. The picture of when Katniss was born. 'The day you were born.... I remember it well, little one. I came as fast as I could that day to see you. You were one of the smallest, but you proved that you were stronger than even me. If I would have been bitten, I would have stopped fighting. You're something else.' He smiled at her, running his fingers through her hair. 'Frieza wants you dead. He says you weren't supposed to be born, and yet here you are. You'll only get stronger, my little one. I know it because you're different from us full blooded sayians.' He yawned and laid down beside Katniss. 'I promised to protect you, and I'm not going to let anything else happen to you.' He thought, falling asleep.