~~~~~

I was so into my thoughts while sitting in the kitchen that I don't notice Jake coming to join me. "Want to see how I made everything better?" Jake asks, holding out his hand for me to take.

"As long as it doesn't end with my house being burnt down, then sure," I say, taking Jake's hand. He leads me back out to the living room. Nothing is destroyed or burnt down so that's a good sign. That's when I notice what Jake had done.

"How did you do this?" I say, completely in awe at what I'm looking at. Jake had covered my living room with beautifully lit candles which gave it a really romantic feel. He had also managed to find most of my blankets, pillows, etc. and cover the couches. To say it was magnificent would be an understatement.

"Easy," Jake says, shrugging as if it was nothing at all. "I found a ton of candles in your closet and set them up everywhere. I may, or may not, have snuck into your rooms and stole all your pillows and blankets and all that. You were so into your thoughts that it was relatively easy to accomplish this."

"This is really...wow."

Jake waved it off, but smiling nonetheless. "You haven't even seen the best part," Jake says, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"And what would the best part be?" I ask.

My breath gets caught in my throat at Jake's next action. He gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring. "Kay Marie Oliver, will you make me the happiest man in this room and marry me? And before you answer, just in case you say no, I want to just say something. I know we haven't seen each other for the past few months and all, but I realized that I can't stand not being with you. I need you with me every day, and I don't want it any other way. I know we're still really young and that this is probably huge for you, but I want you to know that I'll wait. I'll wait until you're ready for this kind of thing, even if that means just dating for several years. I just want you to know that whenever you're ready, just say the word and I'll marry you. I love you Kay, and I want you to myself, as selfish as that is, for the rest of my life. So what do you say?"

I stand there, speechless. At least I thought I was speechless. Apparently my mind thought otherwise, since the words tumble out of my mouth before I can stop myself, "Not right now."

~~~~~

Two Year Later

After Jake asking five times, I finally decided to say yes to marry him. Hear me out before you all yell at me for taking so long.

I was young. I was young and scared. I loved Jake like I had never loved someone before, but the thought of the commitment scared me way too much. Now I am a more mature human being. I can't say much about that being true for him, though. Some people just don't change. Anyway, every time Jake asked me to marry him, it would get cuter, and cuter, and cuter. The final time he asked me was the most simple, yet the sweetest, of them all. Jake and I were just strolling through the park when we stopped at the big tree. He got down on one knee and asked me.

I decided this was the time to say yes, so I did. I never once thought I made the wrong decision, or been scared over this.

Until now. On the very worst day possible for this situation. My wedding day.

Yeah, I was a complete emotional mess. I was crying one minute, then completely excited the next. Sky and Val were the only two helping me get ready.

*Kay's wedding dress above*

I must admit that I was shocked that neither of them have snapped over the fact that I was a mess yet. The two of them were pretty calm about the whole thing.

They had finally got me under control and got me completely ready for my big day. That's when realization hit me once again. I was getting married. I was going to be with one person for the rest of my life. This is huge. I don't know if I can do this.

Before I can think anything other negative thoughts, I hear the music signaling the beginning of the wedding. Too late to back down now.

My dad gave me a genuine smile and whispered, "I've never seen you so nervous."

Yes, my dad and mom had flown in for this. I was sobbing tears of joy when I saw them, but I was also slightly terrified. Neither of them have ever met Jake, so this was huge. I kept thinking what would happen if they didn't like Jake. Turns out I was worrying over nothing. Jake had met both of them and my parents seemed to like him. That's always good.

"Can you blame me?" I ask my dad, clutching onto my flowers even more. "I'm getting married."

"It's definitely something that gets you nervous. But it all works out in the end. At least most of the time."

"Not helping."

"Sorry, sorry. I couldn't help myself." I smile to myself before I start to walk down the aisle.

My dad had latched arms with me right before we walked out, and frankly, it was the only thing keeping me standing up. So many people were here. And they were all staring at me.

I manage to lock eyes with Jake and I instantly feel a little more relaxed. He offers me a small smile, which I greatly return. "You look breathtaking," Jake whispers to me once I'm standing at the altar.

"You cleaned up nicely yourself," I whisper back.

Next thing I know, I'm saying the few words that will change my life forever. "I do."

So what did you all think? Did I do succeed in writing a book? I just have to say that I absolutely loved writing this for all of you. And one more thing real fast. Can I just say that I HAVE 1K READS?! SERIOUSLY? THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY MADE ME CRY. I WAS IN TEARS WHEN I SAW THAT. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU!! YOU ALL MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!

~Kylie 💟