Chapter 17-Babysitting

Beginne am Anfang

"Okay!" I yell back and crawl out of bed. I look in the mirror and let out a small scream. What I saw staring back at me scared me, I had mascara all over my face and red lipstick all over my mouth. I looked back to my pillow and saw it looked the same as my face. I changed the pillowcase quickly and removed my makeup. I went to my closet and picked out my outfit.

A black beanie that said Rebel, a black tank top that had a cross in gold spikes, white ripped shorts, and my black pumps. Out of my jewelry box I got dangling black earrings and a necklace that had a black cross on it. I put my outfit on my bed and got in the shower. I got out and got dressed. I then straightened my hair and put on mascara and pink lipstick.

I grabbed my phone and my wallet phone case and put it on my phone. I shoved it in my back pocket and ran down stairs. 

"Hey mom." I said. 

     "Hey honey, 5 minutes until you go over to the Cadman's. Eat." She said as she tossed me an apple. 

     "Okay, thanks." I said as I grabbed the apple out of the air and took a bite. I savored the taste, sweet but a little bitter. I finished my apple and threw the core away. 

"See you later mom." I said. 

     "No you won't." She said. 

"Work?" I asked. 

     "Yeah, see you in two days." She said laughing a little. Her work schedule is weird. She works nights and days, whenever she is needed. She is a surgeon for a hospital an hour away, that's why we are loaded.

I ran out of the house and across the yard and onto the Cadman's front porch. I knocked on the front door. 

Emma answered, "Hey Andy!" She said, she was dressed like she was going for a job interview. "I'm going to a meeting, I will be back by 5, okay bye guys!" She said letting me in and saying goodbye to her children. She walked out of the door and closed it behind her as I took off my black pumps.

"A!" I hear Mel yell and soon a small pair of arms are wrapped around my leg. 

     "Hey Mel!" I say and pick her up. 

"Hey Andy." I hear Ace say from behind me. I spin on my heel and glare at him. I set Mel down by her toys. 

"Here, play with these for a minute Mel." I said. I walked up to Ace, "Just because I am helping you babysit Mel doesn't mean I like you, not the slightest. I like Mel, you, you are still an asshole." I said venom dripping off my words. 

     "I know." He said. That took me aback slightly. 

"What?" I asked my words softer. 

     "I know I'm an asshole. It was stupid of me to let her grind on me, it was stupid of me to date her, it was stupid of me to let you go." He said stepping closer to me. 

     "Yeah it was." I said sharply. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

He took a step closer, he was staring into my eyes, looking for something. I think he was looking for a sign that I still liked him. 

He took another step forward until our faces were only a few inches apart. His eyes flickered to my lips and back to my eyes. He leaned down a little and I leaned up. Our lips just barely brushed when I pulled away smirking. He frowned. 

"I have a boyfriend remember?" I said still smirking. 

"Ugh! Why Colton?" He said. I bent down and played with Mel a little. 

     "To make you mad, that and he is actually pretty sweet." I said looking up at him. 

     "To make me mad?!" He said getting mad. 

     "It's working." I said shrugging my shoulders. He calmed down and sat down next to Mel. 

"I said I was sorry." He said looking me in the eye. 

     "You said you were sorry but I don't know if it will happen again." I said picking up Mel and sitting down on the couch with her on my lap. 

     "It won't, I swear, I already said it was a mistake. The biggest mistake of my life actually." He said and sat beside me. "Because you are my life." He said quietly. 

"Do you mean it?" I asked looking him straight in the eye. 

     "Yes."

There were only 3 emotions I could find in his eyes right now, love, regret, and sorrow. "I believe you, I will break up with Colton and give you a second chance." I said taking out my phone.

Me: Hey Colton, you don't have to pretend to be my boyfriend anymore, Ace and I are back together. But you can still hang out with us. K thx bye :)

Colton: okay, glad I could help. Can't wait to hang out. :)

"Okay, it's official," I said. "We are back together." I said to Ace. 

He started to lean in for a kiss when I remembered Mel on my lap. I covered her eyes with my hand and gave him a quick peck on the lips. I took my hand off Mel's eyes, 

"What do you want to play Mel?" I asked. 

     "Hide ant seek!" She said eagerly. I laughed at how energetic she was and her way of saying 'and' while getting up. 

"Me and Mel will be a team and Ace, you look for us." I said. 

     "Okay, I will count to 30." He said more to Mel than to me. Mel grabbed my hand once he started counting and yanked me towards their stairs. Under their stairs was a little cubby hole. I sat down and she sat on my lap. I closed the door and we sat there until we heard Ace yell, 

"30 READY OR NOT HERE I COME!"

"I wonder where they are?" Ace asked from outside of the door and Mel started giggling. "Are they under the stairs?" He asked. 

     "No!" Mel yelled. 

     "No? I guess I will have to look somewhere else." He said teasingly. He pretended to walk away, and it convinced Mel. "Boo!" He said swinging open the door. She shrieked a little and dug her face into my arm. I laughed as he took her and started spinning her in his arms.

I just sat there and smiled up at them. They were perfect brother and sister. I climbed out of the cubby once he set her down. I stood up next to Ace. 

"Beanies are cute on you." He stated pulling my beanie down over my eyes. 

     "Hey." I said laughing as I pulled it back to its original position.

That's how we spent the rest of the day, playing little games and then watching Nemo. I left once Emma came back and she gave me 100 dollars, 20 for each hour. It took her 5 minutes for me to finally accept the money because it didn't even seem like a job, it was just like having fun because I wanted to.