Chapter 5

The airport was an hour away. I was looking for some CD’s at a stoplight and came across a mixed one named Niall. I had made it a few months ago. It was songs that described the feeling I was going through. I had put a CD in with the letter I gave Niall. I also explained why these songs meant something to me. They were all by Taylor Swift. He always teased me because I loved her so much. Her songs helped me get through so much.

1.       White Horse

“I honestly believed in you…Stupid girl I should’ve known, I should’ve known. That I’m not a princess this ain’t a fairy tale. I’m not the one you’ll sweep off her feet... this ain’t Hollywood… I was a dreamer before you let me down...” It’s too late for you and your white horse to catch me now. So please don’t come after me.

2.       You Belong With Me

Just listen to every lyric, it describes how I feel. Dreaming of the day when you wake up and find that what you’re looking for has been here the whole. Been here all along why can’t you see you belong with me. I’m the one who makes you laugh when you know you’re about to cry. Think I know where you belong.

3.       Breathe

I see your face in my mind as I drive away. None of us thought it was gonna end this way. People are people and sometimes we change our mind. Music starts playing like the end of a sad movie, it’s the kind of ending you don’t really want to see. Cause its tragedy and it will only bring you down. You’re the only thing I know like the back of my hand. I can’t breathe without you, but I have to. Its 3 am when I wrote this, and I feel like I just lost a friend. No one here to save me. I’m sorry.

4.       The Best Day

Every day with you was the best day.

5.       Sparks Fly

Every time you smile I see sparks fly. I just wanted to kiss in the rain that day. But you didn’t.

6.       Stay Beautiful

Your eyes are like a jungle, you’re beautiful every little piece love, don’t you know you’re really gonna be someone, ask anyone. Stay beautiful. You find a reason to be the highlight of my day.

7.       Teardrops On My Guitar

You’re the reason for the teardrops on my guitar. You look at me and I fake a smile so you won’t see that I want and I need you. She’s got everything that I have to live without. I can’t see anyone when I’m with you.

8.       All Too Well

Your sweet disposition and my wide eyed gaze, were singing on the beach that one day. You tell me about your past thinking your future would be with me. Maybe I asked for too much. Maybe this thing was a masterpiece till you tore it all up…You were so casually cruel in the name of being honest, I’m a crumbled up piece of paper lying here and I remember it all too well. Time won’t fly it’s like I’m paralyzed by it. I’d like to be my old self again but I’m still trying to find it. Niall, I remember everything we did together all the laughs and the jokes. I remember it all too well, when I loved you so.

9.       Love Story

This song means the most to me. It was the first we ever danced too. We were on the beach when we first meet and we were dancing and laughing. “We were both young when I first saw you…” The ending is what I play back in my head, of just how I wish that that happy ending would happen with us. But I know it won’t. I got tired of waiting wondering if you were ever coming around my faith in you is fading… But that’s where it stops. And the story ends. I guess there is never a fairy tale ending between us. So I am saying goodbye.

The last song came on and the flashbacks started, my eyes started to get watery. I couldn’t take it, I loved him. I started to cry, I got a few honks, and I pulled over there was no way I could see anything with tears in my eyes. I turned the song up a bit more, crying and remembering. I wish he was here. Of course the rain comes just when you need it, and it started to drizzle outside. I saw a car pull up behind me from my rearview mirrors. It looked like Niall’s car. I wiped my eyes a bit to see clearer, and it was his car. I got out, the music still playing to see if it was actually him, or if I was just dreaming. His eyes meet mine and he had a sad look in his eyes.

I went back to my car to turn it off, and close the door. My favorite part of the song was about to come on, the happy ending. But I turned it off. Niall got out of his car holding a guitar.