Chapter Eight

I walked into the office that morning, smiling at my phone as I texted away with Alex, my new guy friend.
   The day after my hectic night at Will's and Mint's, I'd decided to text Alex. We've been texting constantly since then, only allowing for seven hours of sleep.
   "O-la-la," Ellie said as she shimmied up to me as I stepped out of the elevator. "Who's making the morning grump Allie smile this lovely Monday?"
   I laughed and shoved my phone into my purse. "None of your business, you snoop. Now get back to work." I teasingly stuck my tongue out at her as I pulled out the key for my office.
   "At least I don't take a million breaks a day to see my boyfriend." She giggled. "Speaking of, I think there's something in your office for you." And with that, she skipped away back to the elevator to get to her floor before going unnoticed.
   I rolled my eyes and blew a stray hair out of my face as I stuck the key in the lock. No doubt it was just flowers or chocolates or something from Will in a petty apology attempt.
   As I threw my office door open, I spotted Will standing with this rear resting against my desk. At the sight of me, he quickly straightened and adjusted his lavender colored tie.
   He wore a charcoal pinstripe suit to go with the tie, his hair combed back carefully and his face a show of regret. In his hands was a still-steaming cup of coffee from my favorite place a block away with a blueberry muffin to accompany it. Behind him in my seat was a large, stuffed dinosaur with large blue eyes and fluffy green outside. It had to have been only a few inches shorter than myself.
   Very slowly, I brought my eyes to meet Will's, biting the inside of my cheek to keep from grinning. With a sigh, I turned and shut my door. "What do you want, William?" I asked as I went for my desk.
   He set down the coffee and muffin, quickly blocking my path to my seat. "I wanted to apologize."
   "As if it weren't obvious." I rolled my eyes and moved to get around him, but he grabbed my shoulders sternly to keep me from moving.
   "I am earnestly very, very sorry for how I treated you on Friday. You don't deserve to be talked to that way-" I cut him off to add in a 'damn right I don't' before letting him continue. "I can just be a huge asshole sometimes."
   Once realizing I would stay, he pulled away and ran his hands through his hair, undoing its tidiness.
   "I will do anything," he continued, "anything you need of me to earn back your forgiveness. I am so, so sorry." He took my hands in his, rubbing my knuckles.
   "Why'd you freak out on me like that?" I asked, leaning back from him and staring into his deep, bottomless eyes.
   "I-," he choked, "I was very close to my grandmother. The only thing I'd inherited from her was her house in Guatemala, her bone china, and her crystal glasses. Safe to say I was a little upset about losing one of the few things I have left of her."
   "As I said before, Will, I didn't mean to break it. It was a complete accident and occasionally I can be a klutz." 
   "Occasionally?" Will laughed, causing me to half-heartedly hit him in the chest with the back of my hand. "Sorry, sorry." He gave me a smile and leaned down, planting a kiss on my lips. It started slow, but soon became heated.
   By the time we finally broke apart, I was straddling Will, my knees pressing on the edge of my desk and his hands running far up my skirt.  
   "I'll make it up to you," he murmured against my neck, "I'll take you to dinner tonight," he planted a kiss along my collarbone, "then we can walk in Central Park," a kiss at the base of my throat, "and then, back to my place for some... wine." He kissed along the top of my cleavage before pulling away, smiling and pulling his hands out of my skirt and away from the soaking line he left between my legs.
   "God, I hate you," I muttered as he lifted me off of his lap, resting me on the desk where he'd just sat.
   "I know." He leaned in and planted a kiss on my lips. "But maybe, just maybe, I could give you a little preview show before tonight." And with that, he stuck his head up my skirt and the world ceased to exist.