NEXT EVENING

Nandini was sitting in her room when Navya was deciding her dress for the prom night. She was looking sadly at Manik's photo and was lost in her thoughts. Navya shook her shoulders and she came out of the trance and gave a pale smile to Navya.
Navya: Nandu look at this dress. Isn't it perfect for tonight?
Nandini: Yes it is perfect.
Navya: Kya hua Nandu?
She sat beside her and saw her holding Manik's photo and she side hugged her assuring that everything will be alright.
Navya: Don't be sad Nandini. Dekhna ek din Manik will be with you as your prince charming.
Nandini blushed hearing his name and said: I hope so.
Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and Nandini opened it and a boy gave a parcel with
A bouquet of red roses. She sat on the bed with it and thought it must be for Navya by Cabir. But Navya gave it back to her as Nandini's name was written on it. She was shocked but then opened the box. She was mesmerized at what she looked. There was a beautiful red gown in it with a note.

 There was a beautiful red gown in it with a note

It read,

Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. It's about having a pretty mind, pretty heart and pretty soul.
And you have it all. Please wear this dress for me and be my date for the prom.

From Monster Manik.

Nandini's happiness knew no bounds. She was very happy. She never even thought in her dreams that Manik would ask her out. She saw perfect silver stilletoes and matching accesories with it which seemed very pretty. She took the bouquet in her hands and inhaled the fragrance of roses while blushing. She found a note in it too. It read," I have waited for this day from so long. But no more. This wait will be over soon. Just 2 hours left." Navya was just looking at her and smiling. Nandini turned towards Navya and said," Manik." Navya understood and hugged her best friend in joy. Navya and Nandini both started getting ready for the prom night. At the same time, Manik was also getting ready for the prom night. He was just thinking about Nandini and blushing. Exactly after 2 hours at 9 pm Manik was standing in front of Nandini's hostel. Nandini was looking at herself in the mirror for the last time and then she went down. Navya had already left with Cabir so she was alone. She walked towards Manik and was mesmerized to see him standing in front of her looking no less than a prince. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a red shirt with a red bow tie and his hair perfectly gelled up. He had a perfect smile on his face and his eyes full of love gazing at the beauty in front of him. He was mesmerized to see her in that red strapless ruffled dress which made her look like a princess. She was wearing a necklace with diamonds studded in it and a beautiful bracelet with matching earings.
Her hair were curled up and left loose. She walked closer to Manik and blushed looking at him. He bowed down in front of her and kissed her hand gently. He said," You look so beautiful Nandini. I can't take my eyes off you." Nandini's red lips curved into a big smile and she looked into his chocolatey eyes. She said," You look like a prince." Manik just smiled and then opened the door for her. She sat in the car adjusting her dress and Manik closed the door and then sat on his seat. He starter driving and they reached soon. During the ride, they were just stealing glances of each other and blushing. Manik got out of the car and everyone started staring at him. They were desperate to see his date. As he opened the door and Nandini stepped out everyone's eyes popped out looking at her. No one could believe she was the same girl who wore glasses and simple clothes. All the girls were burning due to jealousy and the guys were ogling at her. Manik asked her softly," Will you come with me?" Nandini just smiled and slid her hand in his arm and they started walking. They looked like a star couple walking on the red carpet. Manik took her to the place where rest of theor friends were waiting for them. They were awstruck looking at them. Everyone complimented them and also teased them a lot. Soon all the students came there and the principal gave a speech and then told the students to start voting for the prom king and queen. Nandini was shocked to see MaNan's name in the nominations.
Manik looked at her shocked face and said," Why are you shocked? Obviously humara nam to hota hi nominations me. I am Manik Malhotra after all." Nandini just gave a smile and then the voting started. MaNan were standing in a corner away from the others. Manik held her hand and started caressing it while looking into her eyes. Manik said," Nandini when I picked this dress I thought it's so pretty but when I saw you wearing this dress it looked much more pretty." Nandini said," And why do you think so?" Manik said," Because you are the most beaitiful girl I have seen till date and you made this dress look pretty by doing the honours of wearing it. I must say it's very lucky that you wore it." She was blushing and then suddenly Manik pulled her closer and then entwined their fingers and the other hand cupped her face and slowly moved his face towards her. Their lips touched but they moved away as they heard their friends voices. They were standing there and hooting for them. Manik gave a deadly stare to everyone and said," What the hell! Always wrong timing." Cabir said," yeh humara kam hai yar." Manik gave a frustrated look and Nandini looked here and there to avoid embarrassment. Mukti said," guys chalo results announce hone wale hai." Everyone moved towards the stage and the principal came on the stage to announce the results. MaNan won the Prom king and queen tittle and they were asked to dance first.
Manik held her hand and walked in the middle of the dance floor and soft started playing in the background and MaNan swayed with the music. They were intensely looking into each others eyes and dancing forgetting about everything. Soon everyone else joined them and the dance floor was full with the students. Everyone was dancing and suddenly Manik moved away from there and Nandini started looking here and there to find him. Suddenly the music stopped and the lights went off and the spot light went on Manik who was standing holding his guitar. Everyone came around him and he started playing his guitar and started singing looking towards Nandini.