n i n e

I stood in the middle of the field and ignorantly watched as other girls kicked around the ball. I'm not a fan of P.E. classes. As I shot the ball with my feet lazily, my mind wandered back to yesterday's evening at Scott's

Theo kissed me.

No matter how much I didn't want to acknowledge the happening, it kept nagging my mind ever since. It was just a mere kiss, a heat of a moment. Nothing more.

At the same time I was watching a competition between Liam and Hayden. Liam tried to show off his lacrosse skills by using all his might, while Hayden continuously kicked goals. There was obviously intense chemistry between those two and the fact that both of them covered it up with some ancient hatred towards each other made the whole accord ridiculous.

I resisted the heavy temptation to launch the ball straight to Hayden's head. She annoyed me to the last bit, and the fact that she might break my best friend's heart with her bitchiness made me want to drive her over with a truck.

Suddenly, couple of seniors ran straight into the field and to Liam. They hastily told him something that sent the Beta to his rucksack, which he rummaged. After Liam found what he needed, he ran with all his enhanced speed towards the school. Knowing that something bad happened, I rushed to the same direction.

We neared the AP Biology class, the one that Scott and others should have right now.

"I've got it! I've got the inhaler!" Liam screamed through the hall as he stretched out his hand to show what he's got in there.

Liam scurried into the already empty classroom where I spotted Scott lying limp, with worried Mrs. Finch beside him. As the inhaler was placed in Scott's palm, Liam desperately tried to get to his mind and make him draw a breath.

I made my way towards them too, crouching beside the two werewolves.

"Scott, please." I pleaded just before Liam flashed his golden eyes at his Alpha and bellowed his name. Scott shot his eyes to his Beta as he drew in a sharp and dry breath. He shook his inhaler and took a huge swig of the medicine.

Was he just having an asthma attack?

~

"Okay, then what are we doing here if you already had your suppressed memory?" I quizzed Lydia as we got off of her azure Toyota Camry.

Lydia fainted in her mom's office while she was comforting Sydney and apparently awakened a dormant memory.

"It wasn't the right memory." Lydia yelped, eyeing me. "I remembered my grandmother in Eichen House. There was nothing to do with the surgery, nothing to do with the Doctors. So, if I've read the book, why don't I have the full memory of my experience with them?"

We marched towards the hospital because of Lydia's want to get into the operating room and see if something Banshee-like happens.

"I would be glad if I had no memories of these wretched robots..." I muttered, staring into oblivion.

Lydia rolled her eyes before continuing on her ranting. "Something happened during the surgery. But now I think that maybe it has to do something with me being a Banshee." I raised my eyebrows at her as something seemed to snap in her head and make her realize stuff. "It's not my memory, Silvie. It's someone else's."

We entered faintly lit surgery room, thanks to our enhanced sneaking skills throughout all times we had to do that.

"Can you turn the lights on?" Lydia asked, observing her surroundings.

I turned the switch, but nothing seemed to happen. "Uh, no."

"Ask someone." Lydia scoffed, partially glancing at me.