When Michael sat in the seat behind Scott's and watched as Alice sat in the passenger seat, he instantly groaned once he saw Scott's stupid, goofy grin as he looked at Alice. He prayed to the god above to quicken the drive home, before he pulled a furious act behind Scott.

You wouldn't do that, Michael's mind rumbled, Injuring Scott in any way could make this car flip over.

Which was one hundred percent right because he would've injured Alice in the process.

For once, Michael swallowed his pride and glanced out the window. After a while, the slight banter between Alice and Scott stopped and Michael met her gaze. Her face softened when she saw Michael innocent face.

His red hair complimented his pale skin so well, and it was killing her.

"Marco's coming back today from Cuba." Scott whispered to her, underneath his loud gangster rap CD. "We're throwing this big get-together to celebrate him."

As much as Alice wanted to stay in, she knew she had to be there for him. Marco was selected by his soccer team to travel to Cuba and play for a big tournament.  He came back with amazing ranks and could possibly be expecting calls from some agencies. Marco really wanted to play with Brazil.

By now, with twenty minutes on the road and Michael mentally planning his suicide, Scott stopped by the nearest Target to buy a case of sodas.

Alice looked over her shoulder, watching as Michael started out the window, deeply in thought. Before soon, she crawled over the seat and stood on her knees next to Michael.

Michael's melted against her touch when she reached over to or his head. With her hand rested on the back of his neck, and her eyes staring at him, Michael felt better. "Are you okay?" She asked quietly, sounds of the blaring road ruckus over hers.

Michael explained to her how he just felt uncomfortable with someone he barely knew. Alice tried to understand where he was coming from, but quiet Michael was a scary sight.

They remained there quietly, but by now, Alice was on Michael lap. He held her as his fingertips danced along the exposed area on her lower back.  As she sighed, and for once, there was an opening.

Michael could've told her how he was actually more annoyed with the fact that Scott was still in her life.

He could've told her how, no matter how many times he tried to ignore it, he didn't just want to be her friend.

He didn't want to just hold her, he wanted to have her.

As much as he thought about what he could've said, that didn't change the fact that he didn't say anything.

He just sat there, holding onto someone he didn't have to fuck to extremely care about, as the Louisianan streets crowded in joyous and vastly manner.

"How do you know when you love someone?" Alice wondered out loud, her breath steadied on the hind hairs of Michael's neck.

"I don't know, I guess it's just something that happens." Michael tried to shrug it off, but his stupid heart kept pumping to the sounds of the stupid car horns. Everything was stupid, except Alice.