Age of realisation

NEW HAVEN, CONNETICUT

10years later

She ran as fast as she could. She could feel the adrenaline pump in her vains. She had to win this. She knew she had a record to beat. Everyone in the stadium watched in awe as Gretta Abramovich blazed the trail. She ran track in her high school and she was the best. Just then she heard a whistle blow and she realised she had finished the race. Everyone was on there feet screaming her name. She had broken the standing record for the 3000metre race. Gretta smiled and waved at the crowd. Her black hair was shiny and wet. She had grown into a beautiful young lady. She was tall with beautiful feline eyes and pink dainty lips. She looked a lot like her father.

"Congratulations darling dearest!" Patty said hugging the teeneger.

"Thanks aunt Patty," Gretta said smiling.

"Hey little sis, that was quite a performance, keep it up!" Jake said giving her a nudge in the shoulder. Suddenly her face grew sad.

"What's the matter darling?" Patty asked. Gretta shook her head lifelessly.

"Well, I wish..." she stopped. They all knew what she was about to say. It was not hidden and it was not wrong for her to wish so. Patty gave her niece a reasuring hug.

"It's okay," She said to Gretta. They all got into the car and headed home. New Haven was a small surburbian town. It was so beautiful and everyone was so sweet and kind.

"So you are turning 16 in two weeks!" Jake announced. Gretta felt her cheeks burn up with excitement. She had waited all her life for her sixteenth birthday and it was now here.

"Are you excited?" He asked her

"Ofcourse I am!" She screamed. How could she not? This was the it age. Everyone said that sixteen is a golden age. She could not wait to experiance it herself.

That evening when she got home, she went straight to her room and sat on her bed with a picture of her mother. She did not look anything like her though, which puzzled her. She looked a lot like her father though. She smiled. Oh daddy you would be so proud, she thought to herself. Suddenly she remembered an old song she used to sing with her dad.

                      Life is fun, life is cool, just be happy and everything will go as according to you....                                              parapapapapapappaparrr life is good all the time!

She smiled. That was indeed the goofiest thing she had ever pulled off. She giigled. Richard was a very good father indeed. She took the picture of him she always kept under her pillow.

"I love you daddy, I always will," she said and then she kissed the picture. She then daintily placed it once more under her pillow. Gretta tied her hair into a bun and headed ffor the shower. She was rather sweaty.

The age that she waited so anxiously for would come with a lot of surprises but our dear Gretta did not have the slightest clue what was really in store for her.