Chapter 31

I woke up from someone tapping on my shoulder. It was an old man who had a worried look, I was laying on a bench I the same park I was when I left the café. I was soaked and obviously not alone besides the man of course.

"Miss are you okay?" he asked.

"No." I answered honestly.

"Do you need to get to a hospital or maybe some warm clothes! You're going to get sick!" He said worriedly.

"I'm fine, sir. Honestly." I rubbed my swollen eyes.

"You look like you've been cry and don't tell me it was the rain." He gave a stern yet laughable look.

"Well, my best friend just died." I looked down.

"I'm very sorry to hear that, my daughter her oldest son had just died this morning." He says sadly.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"You and I, kid need a break." He stood up. "Come on, let's go for a walk."

I probably should't have followed him,but he seems completely harmless. So, we walked to the other side of the park and he paid for a hot dog.

"Miss I never caught your name." He started eating.

"Amanda, yours?"

"Old Marvin."

"Why old?"

"Because that's what I am. Like to announce myself at all times." He smiled.

We laughed ad sat there for a while enjoying  moment so little it could pass and we'll never see one another again. Sadly, the sun came down and we were forced to say our godbyes.

"Let's say, tomorrow we meet here again." He told me.

"Sounds fun." I gave him a hug and walked the direction to my house.

I passed the cafe and saw my building. I sighed not wanting to go home, but I probably scared everyone. I opened the door noticing a very jumpy James holding my phone. He jumped when I opend the door.

"Where the hell were you?!" He yelled, hugging me.

"I had to go." I walked to my room.

"Your dads been worried sick." he scolded.

"That's the first." I took my thin sweater off.

I grabbe a hair dryer and went into the bathroom, I started to dry my hair then brush it.

"I know he's never really home,but that doesn't mean he doesn't care."

It sure as hell feels like it.

"Okay?" I grabbed my tooth brush.

"That's all you have to say? Wat about me I was going crazy when your dad saidyou were missing." He started to pace back and forth continuing his statement. "I went to the cafe and they said you were there and you told them about Sarah."

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. I looked like a complete mess, actually I looklike someone from a movie who was draatically going through a break up.

That's it.

"I wanna break up." I announced.