Chapter 5 : Mr. Remarkable

Start from the beginning

His voice starts to break and I see tears glistening in his eyes.

I cup my mouth with my palm and sob into it. I can't listen to this. It's too much, it hurts too much. So I do the only thing that I know brings me comfort and safeness.

I wrap my arms around him, holding to him for dear life again after four long weeks of emptiness and misery.

''Stop, Braden. Please, it's okay ...'' I sob into his neck.

It feels so good, my whole body is literally shaking at being back in his arms again. And when he wraps his arms around me, lifts me on his lap and buries his head into my neck, I feel like I'm going to die. And I'm going to die very happy.

There are so many feelings swirling around in my body, but the strongest are love. Passion. Forgiveness. Happiness.

''Don't hurt me, Braden. Never again. Never like this,'' I plead him weakly, my tears streaming down onto his expensive suit, but I don't care. I don't care about anything else but being back in his arms, in his warm embrace, where I'm safe and happy and nothing else exists.

Braden squeezes me in reply. ''I'd rather die than hurt you again, baby,'' he tells me, bringing my body impossible close to his.

We just both sit there – me crying into his neck and holding to him for dear life, and him, holding me and whispering gentle, comforting words into my ear how he never wants to be a minute away from me, how badly he missed me and promising me over and over again that he's not going to let me get away from him, ever again.

He still didn't say the words I want to hear, but that's okay. I know he cares about me. He must, because I don't think why would he want me back into his life so badly. As much as I know, he's a known womaniser, not having any relationship longer than three months. I doubt he's saying the same words to every woman out there.

Surely not, right?

''I hope you're not telling this to every woman you end things with,'' I say dryly before I can really think about it.

I feel Braden's body getting tense under me. He forces my head up so I can look at his pained face and he stares back into my tear-strained face. His mouth is in a completely straight line. ''I've never begged for anything or anyone in my life, my sweet girl,'' he whispers. ''Everything came to me in an easy way or I found a way to get what I wanted. Or maybe I never wanted to have anything so much that I'd beg for it. But you, Rory ...'' he pauses, staring deeply into my eyes. ''I'd drop down to my knees in front of thousands of people and beg you to be mine again.''

I cup his face with my hands and lean down so our noses almost touch. ''Where is this all coming from?'' I ask him. His words are all so beautiful, like I'd listen to him read Shakespeare, but I don't think anyone could read anything with so many emotions in their voice and on their face as Braden has when he's telling me all this.

Braden inhales slowly and closes his eyes as if memorising the smell of me. ''It's all the truth, baby. I've had three weeks to think of how to get you back and not one apology sounded enough for you to forgive me for what I did.'' He shrugs. ''So I just hoped for some kind of miracle. A miracle which would bring you back to me and back into my arms.''

His hold tightens on me as he says this. ''I guess sometimes, if you're lucky, probably the luckiest person on this entire planet, the miracle you want the most happens to you.''

His eyes shine so bright with the sincerity and my chest is hurting so much from his words, I choose to put us both out of this misery and close the distance between us, putting my lips on his in a strong, slow kiss, which shows our emotions without having to say anything.